PDA

View Full Version : hub wobble (really bad)

chronix
03-30-2006, 10:56 AM
ok hers the problem, the front driver side wheel has had a bad wobble in it for like two weeks now, so when i finally got the urge to fix it i jacked both sides of the front end off of the ground, took tires, calipers and my rotors off started the car put it in first and i can actually see the hub is out of round. so i am thinking its the bearing/hub assembly(btw no cracks in the hub) just wanted some more insight on this and the tools i need to take it off so i can bring it to a shop to have them press the bearing.

LXi_tuner
03-30-2006, 11:29 AM
yes its the hub...
i just replaced my driver side bearing like 5 days ago....its really a bitch to take in and out, we did it our selves because there was no one open to press the bearing in the hub....
also the tools required, if you put it in yourself, hammer and block of wood...have you got the bearing out??? if not we had to take the bar that the tire and such connects to out....that took a bit of time...prob 1 hour, the actual tools used....3/4 breaker wrench/arm, hammer, block'o'wood...i dont remember the actual socket eizes and such that i used...
the whole procedure took about 3 hours...and the wheel bearing was about $40 from a place called eastern imports...

chronix
03-30-2006, 11:37 AM
i figured it would be a bitch to take off but thats the only option i have, also while i am in the process of all this crap i plan on changing both bearings, upper and lower ball joints, and all bushings. prolly take me a while but its worth it.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-30-2006, 05:28 PM
^^ I;m iun the same boat, getting a pretty bad wobble, and I can tell my ball joints are on the way out... I should really get on that and order some parts...

speedpenguin
03-31-2006, 09:35 AM
A slide hammer's going to be a wise investment.