PDA

View Full Version : Camber?

2Fast_Fiero
08-23-2002, 02:35 AM
I am in the market to buy new rims, I like the style that the rim sticks out at a certain point, but the tire dont, like the rims I have now........
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/infiniti4x4/Pictures/3.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/infiniti4x4/Pictures/4.jpg
http://www.qtalloys.com/html/S08.htm
http://www.millemiglia.co.uk/rev4.htm
http://www.millemiglia.co.uk/spider.htm
I would rather have 18" rims. What do you guys think? if you guys know of another rim that is designed like those, please post.:help:
If I cannot find the right rims with the right offset, I think I'm gonna have to find or custom make my own Camber kit, I'm sure if I put the smaller springs and shocks on to lower the car 2"s dro it slowly and stop to where the tire touches the fender well, or use my old rims and drop it all the way, I could cut the right ammount out of the top control arm? am I right just enough to get the rims tucked in and enough to allow suspension travel, if not I'll have to figure something out, I could cut enough out and weld it back together in the new position, and add a square steal pipe over the cuts and weld that onto that for extra support for the weakend metal.

2Fast_Fiero
08-23-2002, 09:20 PM
Thank you for all the help, I don't know why nobody has even replied to any of my threads, but I realy need help.

87AccordsterLx
08-23-2002, 11:49 PM
well if you're asking what I think you're asking.. and you're worried about the camber as far as the control arm is concerned... go out and find a set of 2nd gen Prelude arms... they're adjustable and people are selling them quite often... a junk yard is also a good idea...

2Fast_Fiero
08-24-2002, 03:50 AM
:D I'm gettin the distinct feeling that Ebay and the local Junk Yard is us 3Geez best friend huh? I guess since your sending me to the Junk Yard, I'll see what I can strip off a SEi, I wanna do a rear disc conversion.....What I'm worried is not being able to find the rims I want in the right offset, my Mille Miglia's only come in 35mm offset I think, and I think I'm only allowed to have 45mm, 42 Minimum, but probably not with the style rim I'm gonna run, just because at a certain point they stick out as you can tell.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-24-2002, 09:24 AM
I looked at your post and thought to myself, "you wanna do what?!" and since most of my answers with you tend to be endless back and forth tennis match's I wanted to see i anyone would take a shot at it,... I like helping people, but no one likes to have to work questions that you have allready given a reply for, if the poster could a better job of reading the replies most of the back and forth could be eliminated.....The management.

DO NOT CUT AND WELD BACK TOGETHER ANYPART OF YOUR SUSPENSION!!! I just don't see where it would be possible for you to gain the clearance you need with camber correction, especially since you'd likely have to dial in so much tilt that you'd bbe eating tires right and left. And that camber would effect the handling balance of the car. If you want to stay with the rims you have now, replace the tires with 205/40'-16's you will be able to lower the car that way. Otherwise dig in and work the research and find the rims you like with the offset you need. BTW maybe you need to compromise and get 17's, I'd think you'd find allot more choices with the correct offset that way.

2Fast_Fiero
08-24-2002, 08:29 PM
No, I understand you completely Jim, and I'm looking for the right rims with the right offset, but I'm not getting close enough, you might be right about the 17's, but I realy don't want 17's, but I will take them if I have to, the closest offset I found was 42, thats what TK's Accord's rims have, and he's on air. I emailed a few companies with the style rims I like and nobody has responded yet, I like the rims that stick out away from the tire like mine to, not stick out like low rider, but yea, you can see it in my pictures and the links, how the Arms on the rims move out like a....
)
)
Like that, just the way it looks is killer, so what I'm doing is taking all your advice and using it Jim. I apretiate it.

2Fast_Fiero
08-24-2002, 11:49 PM
Ok, me and my friend from New Jersey just did some mesurements and we found out that I can run 42mm Offset on my rims, 2" Drop, 205/35/18 Tires on 18x8" Rims, they will fit PERFECTO, look at TK's Accord and thats exactly what it will look like, but with diff paint job and diff rims. just because my rims are 35mm offset and are 205/45/16, so my wheel hieght is 23.2", 205/35/18 will be 23.6" on a 42mm offset, it will slide right into my fender well, thats with them rolled, I cannot wait for this to happen, talk about a major upgrade, especialy with the body kit.

pearldrop
08-25-2002, 03:02 PM
The problem now is that they don't make a 205/35/18. You are going to have to settle for a 215/35/18. Don't worry about the spokes of the wheels hitting the fender either. You will never go low enough to have to worry about it.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-25-2002, 03:23 PM
Yeah were did you find a 205/35-18 tire size? It's also my understanding that they aren't made.

2Fast_Fiero
08-25-2002, 05:51 PM
215/35ZR18* Sorry, I meant 215 not 205. I'm gonna get Nitto 555 215/35ZR18 Tires.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-25-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
215/35ZR18* Sorry, I meant 215 not 205. I'm gonna get Nitto 555 215/35ZR18 Tires.

Is that the same tire that Tk89acc is running? If not, Nitto loves to plug how thier tires have wider tread width compaired to other brands, that may screw this up for you. Check the specs for that tire on their company web site and ask Tk89acc what tire he's running and compair them, hopefully it won't matter. But as close as things are you can never be to carefull.

2Fast_Fiero
08-25-2002, 11:59 PM
No Shit huh, hey Jim, thanks for all your help man, I realy apretiate it.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-26-2002, 12:04 AM
No problem, it's what I do;)