PDA

View Full Version : Short ram with vent or CAI?

maxsideburn
03-31-2006, 07:39 PM
Well recently when I had my motor apart I took my CAI off, and now I'm just running with one of the pipes, essentially a short ram. Now my question to you is what do you think would be better, to run my CAI the way I had before, down below my battery, or to just leave the short ram, and chop a nice little hood-vent right in front of it so that it can breathe a little more cool air?

I mean I've run both setups before. The full CAI does seem to give me much more torque off the line and seems to be more consitant despite the outside temps. The short ram on the other hand seems to free up some power in the upper rev-band but I notice a loss in torque on the low end. Also with a short ram when it gets really hot here (and it does) I notice a detriment to performance.

HondaBoy
03-31-2006, 07:50 PM
i think a functional and surely tasteful hood scoop would be the way to go with a short ram. i never really liked the idea of the long ass cold air intake. its difficult to get to quickly and makes sucking up water a worry for a lot of people with them. as you do a bypass on the long cai, i'd recommend a bypass on the short ram as well if you do a scoop. i say do a turbo style scoop that kind of goes with the car. i've found some on jc whitney, dont know if you'd care for the ones they have but i liked the fiberglass ones they have.