PDA

View Full Version : prelude wheel?

lostforawhile
03-31-2006, 10:31 PM
who else is running the prelude 4ws steering wheels in their accord? I just finished restoring one,and I love this wheel!! I had to run 1/8 inch worth of spaces between the wheel and the coloum,also had to reshape the back side of the wheel slightly where it meets the shroud around the ignition switch. I was having problems with my high/low beam switch due to the fact i'm running an 89 combo switch in an 86,with an 89 shroud around it.(yes it can be done,and look factory,thats another project) running the lude wheel gave me lots of clearance between the switch lever and the back of the columb.this wheel should have come on our cars, the cruise switches also look much better and not tacked on like the accord. the wheel is offset more towards the driver and it has those nice thumb rests like european cars. I will try to post pics tomorrow,going to detail my interior and take losts of pics.

forrest89sei
03-31-2006, 10:47 PM
who else is running the prelude 4ws steering wheels in their accord? I just finished restoring one,and I love this wheel!! I had to run 1/8 inch worth of spaces between the wheel and the coloum,also had to reshape the back side of the wheel slightly where it meets the shroud around the ignition switch. I was having problems with my high/low beam switch due to the fact i'm running an 89 combo switch in an 86,with an 89 shroud around it.(yes it can be done,and look factory,thats another project) running the lude wheel gave me lots of clearance between the switch lever and the back of the columb.this wheel should have come on our cars, the cruise switches also look much better and not tacked on like the accord. the wheel is offset more towards the driver and it has those nice thumb rests like european cars. I will try to post pics tomorrow,going to detail my interior and take losts of pics.

does everyting on the Prelude wheel wire up to the stock harness?

I'd love to put a 4WS wheel in my '86 someday!

Vanilla Sky
03-31-2006, 10:53 PM
themagi is. he's not active, but it's a nice wheel. he trimmed his wheel and trimmed his column cover to make it clear, though.

lostforawhile
03-31-2006, 11:03 PM
does everyting on the Prelude wheel wire up to the stock harness?
I'd love to put a 4WS wheel in my '86 someday!
It plugs right in.it's all a clearance issue. if you wanted to make it fit really well,you could take another columb and move the little metal plate the combo switch attaches to, back about 3/8 of an inch. all it is is a flat piece of metal with two tapped holes in it. it's tack welded to the colum,that will not affect the safety of your steering in any way. it's just to attach the switch,just weld it about 3/8 further back. or you could slightly space the wheel and take some material off where it meets the shroud.

lostforawhile
04-07-2006, 06:31 PM
here it is http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/6669890-R1-056-26A.jpg

88Accord-DX
04-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Looks pretty cool, hope you get your electrical problems figured out.

lostforawhile
04-07-2006, 07:13 PM
electrical problems? I answered cheeseburgers thread earlier about the short from his accident,Did I post about me having some too? can't remember,might have,probably already fixed it if I did.

88Accord-DX
04-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Just :slap: me cause I was reading your post fast. You had problems with the combo switch working, so I figured you had some electrical problems.

reanimator420
04-07-2006, 07:27 PM
thatsa cool i have 4ws tires.hehe\

lostforawhile
04-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Just :slap: me cause I was reading your post fast. You had problems with the combo switch working, so I figured you had some electrical problems.
right,got that all fixed,managed to put an 89 switch and shroud in an 86,complete project on that one

Mike's89AccordLX
04-07-2006, 09:49 PM
I just have my Grant aftermarket wheel and momo hub. I thought about the prelude steering wheel since I had a 91 prelude si but junked it. I parted that puppy out big time. Bought it for $700 parted it out and made about $2000 total. Just took a lot of time and effort though.

I like the wheel. There's a pic of mine in my signature.

-Mike

Mars
04-08-2006, 07:21 AM
93 teg sir wheel:cool: