PDA

View Full Version : Twin-Piston Calipers and flying Bentleys

SiR
04-01-2006, 12:13 AM
I bet you want to see the Continental Flying Spur more then some Accord stuff, so here yo go;

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9353/dsc003346cx.jpg
Went to test drive the new Bentley out in Boca Raton Club & Resort. Long story short, thank god for 16" rotors, I was easily going 4x the street speed limit (that red light was coming in fast).

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9779/dsc003336sw.jpg

And some freebees from them,
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/3229/dsc003411ip.jpg

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/6396/03218kw.jpg
Anyhow, right after hauling ass, work has started on my car the same day, knowing I have nothing like 16 inchers(3/20/06). I got the final parts(rotors and pads). I like to thank a very good member on the board, guaynabo89 for selling me the twin-piston calipers. Since everybody knows how to do this, minimal talking, more pics;

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/3816/dsc003357jm.jpg

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/9193/dsc003363el.jpg

The big difference
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4206/dsc003370lv.jpg

and the the difference in wear from a large single to a twin setup
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5936/dsc003389sb.jpg

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5784/dsc003396au.jpg

The end.

mkymonkey
04-01-2006, 12:21 AM
that looks cool. how does it feel?

88LXi68
04-01-2006, 05:02 PM
looks good, I wish I could find 2 piston calipers for 88-89 brakes

SQ is the SQUAD
04-01-2006, 05:59 PM
my uncle has that same bentley. i wonder if he will let me "test drive"

AccordB20A
04-01-2006, 07:20 PM
2.0si has twin piston brakes :D

Hash_man_Se_i
04-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Thats sweet... I may sound stupid... but what are the calipers and rotors from?

B16KILLA
04-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Thats sweet... I may sound stupid... but what are the calipers and rotors from?
:stupid:

w00tw00t111
04-01-2006, 09:20 PM
:stupid: X2 Give us the details that "everyone knows" :p I've been considering throwing some bigger brakes on. Oh and nice score on driving a car that's worth more money then most people make in like 3 years! :)

SiR
04-02-2006, 04:51 AM
I have to admit, if feels more stopping power, nice bite with less braking force, then the SE-i with the rear disk setup. The brembo are blanks, same OEM size, mail order, like wise on the AEM brake pads. You know, the stuff of legends!

epic1400cs
04-02-2006, 05:47 AM
Wow, that looking great! I have tried search but I couldnt find good description of this JDM twin-piston caliper conversion - forgive my stupidity. My quesitions are,
1) are the JDM twin piston calipers straight bolt on or need knuckles?
2) which AEM pad are they - can you get pads for JDM twin piston caliper in US?
Thanks

guaynabo89
04-02-2006, 05:59 AM
Ther twin piston calipers are the same and use the same pads as the 86-87 calipers and 88-89 lx and dx.

The calipers are from a jdm accord.

Real good choice on rotors and pads there rooz. You should have no problems with theat setup.

Did you flush the braking system fluid?

epic1400cs
04-02-2006, 06:26 AM
Ther twin piston calipers are the same and use the same pads as the 86-87 calipers and 88-89 lx and dx.
Thats great, you are star, thanks!

Jareds 89 LX-i
04-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Real good choice on rotors and pads there rooz. You should have no problems with theat setup.
Did you flush the braking system fluid?
We only did the front fluid, not the rears. Also re-bled the master cylinder just for safe measure. I'm gonna do the flush another time when I can take it into work and put it up on the lift... make it a little easier. We did just flush it not too long ago though so the fluid is still pretty clean. It looked like there was a slight amount of surface rust inside the calipers so I'd like to run it for a couple weeks to let the fluid try and clean them out a little, then flush the whole thing again. The brakes work extremely well though... very touchy!! Almost feels better than mine with the SE-i setup and EBC pads!

guaynabo89
04-02-2006, 06:37 PM
We only did the front fluid, not the rears. Also re-bled the master cylinder just for safe measure. I'm gonna do the flush another time when I can take it into work and put it up on the lift... make it a little easier. We did just flush it not too long ago though so the fluid is still pretty clean. It looked like there was a slight amount of surface rust inside the calipers so I'd like to run it for a couple weeks to let the fluid try and clean them out a little, then flush the whole thing again. The brakes work extremely well though... very touchy!! Almost feels better than mine with the SE-i setup and EBC pads!

Who's the man?

HUh Who?

:)

2drSE-i
04-03-2006, 09:09 AM
poo so no hope for swapping twin piston calipers onto the se-i......im hungry for stopping power :D

ICEMAN707
04-03-2006, 10:13 AM
From my experience, an upgrade on braking power = a downgrade in engine performance due to the weight you will be adding to each wheel with the larger rotors and calipers (not to mention larger wheels to fit the larger rotors/calipers). I would suggest upgrading the engine first to at least 200+ hp before anyone spends alot of money upgrading their brake systems. Why need better brakes on a car that can't even go that fast to need them? Just my two cents.

I sacrificed engine performance with my setup: SS brake lines, SE-i prop valve, master cylinder, 4 wheel discs, AEM pads, Brembo cross-drilled rotors. It stops on a dime but I can definitely feel some deminishing in engine performance due to the added weight.

3G Jester
04-03-2006, 10:38 AM
was it a shits and giggles test drive? or does private piloting really pull the bank tits dude. and good stuff on that double piston. id love some double barrel action on my av6..or AEM big breaks and wilwood 4 piston calipers.

SiR
04-04-2006, 11:46 AM
was it a shits and giggles test drive? or does private piloting really pull the bank tits dude.

The bid bucks!hahaha, more a "do-whatever-you-want" drive. Thanks Bentley Motors Cars Inc.

Both calipers' weight are very close, legligable. It was more of replacing worn parts then upgrading. Two birds and one stone really. Jared's hydraulic lift ownz any jack and lift crap!

ZackieDarko
04-09-2006, 03:28 AM
Yeah more rotating mass owns you.

From my experience, an upgrade on braking power = a downgrade in engine performance due to the weight you will be adding to each wheel with the larger rotors and calipers (not to mention larger wheels to fit the larger rotors/calipers). I would suggest upgrading the engine first to at least 200+ hp before anyone spends alot of money upgrading their brake systems. Why need better brakes on a car that can't even go that fast to need them? Just my two cents.
I sacrificed engine performance with my setup: SS brake lines, SE-i prop valve, master cylinder, 4 wheel discs, AEM pads, Brembo cross-drilled rotors. It stops on a dime but I can definitely feel some deminishing in engine performance due to the added weight.

Jareds 89 LX-i
04-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Why does everyone keep mentioning added weight and more rotational mass?? :wtf: There was nooooo added weight!!! Rotational mass and unsprung weight is exactly the same as it was before

AccordEpicenter
04-09-2006, 05:46 PM
they mean switching from drums to disks? Stock accord brakes suck, i would reccomend at least a pad change, those aem pads stop MUCH MUCH better than stock.

jigga89SEi
04-10-2006, 03:01 AM
Isn't there other honda calipers out there that will bolt up to our bracket?... I thought I read something somewhere about an NSX caliper having the same bolt pattern... I may be wrong.. But I"m sure there's gotta be other options for us...

Lumpskie
04-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah more rotating mass owns you.

The difference in acceleration due to larger rotors would be negligable. Consider all of the other, more variable and effective, factors. (traction, HP, weight of car + pax, condition of car, clutch) I'd rate the brake upgrade up there with not changing oil every 3,000 miles. Just my opinion...

H22AccordSE-IV
04-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Sorry, I must have missed something here; so those two-piston calipers are off of a JDM 3G Accord, but they won't bolt on to our setup? What do you need to do the conversion, if anything, and where the hell can I get a pair (Japan, I'm guessing)? Anyone?

Thanks

G

epic1400cs
04-15-2006, 03:39 PM
so those two-piston calipers are off of a JDM 3G Accord, but they won't bolt on to our setup? What do you need to do the conversion, if anything, and where the hell can I get a pair (Japan, I'm guessing)?
Yeah, I had same question and I have asked in #10.
The answer was in #11.
I dont live in US so I dont know where you can get the caliper but there seems to be used parts importer there.
Also there are some JDM parts exporter in New Zealand I have heard.
Of course if you go Japan, you can buy them over the counter in Honda Dealership but you need VIN number of the car.
The parts number and price are;
(R)45210-SE0-935 ¥31605 (approx $300)
(L)45230-SE0-935 ¥31605

2drSE-i
04-15-2006, 08:38 PM
JDM aint cheap bitch

edit:

ok i felt cool posting that, but then i read it and i was like....nonono i dont wanna seem mean to epic :)

H22AccordSE-IV
04-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, Epic. BTW, are those factory side markers or did you put them in yourself? (Just to be clear, I mean the ones under the mirror, not the parking/marker lights beside the headlights). Nice wagon, man! Wish we had those in North America.

epic1400cs
05-29-2006, 12:32 AM
BTW, are those factory side markers or did you put them in yourself? (Just to be clear, I mean the ones under the mirror, not the parking/marker lights beside the headlights). Nice wagon, man! Wish we had those in North America.
Hi, sorry for the long delay, I didnt see it. The side marker under the mirror, the small round one is EUDM(European Market) standard and it works as side repeater - in return, the side marker near the headlight do not have repeater function. Yeah, thanks it is nice and I like it. Your SEi looks great - any galleries? Guys sorry for the off the topic, I couldn't resist replying.:cheers:

H22AccordSE-IV
10-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Likewise. I don't have a gallery and the car needs a lot of cosmetic work...gotta get it restored! If you wanna see some pics, go to my thread "H22 swap completed & running" & "Flush headlight conversion" if you haven't already.

Thanks

G.