PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Florida 3geez meet - DATE CHANGE please read!!

Jareds 89 LX-i
04-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Ok peoples, we haven't had a Florida 3geez meet in FOREVER!! So I think it's time once again. The date is set for Saturday June 24, 2006. The meeting spot is up in the air as I'd like to know where the best spot is for everyone to meet. I think most of us are either south florida or central florida, so either one of those spots or somewhere in between. Please vote for your preference of a location, or either if you don't care. Once we decide on an area to meet I'll find a specific place to have the meet at.

Come on people we're in need of a good old fashioned 3geez meet.... Florida is really lacking good meets! Hope to see some of you there! I know there's alot of people I havne't met yet :thumbup:

EDIT: Ok since most everybody agreed that a later date would work out better this meet has been pushed back a bit. See my post further down on page 2

EricW
04-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Sounds like fun but if its too far to south I may not feel like driving that far. But i think i'm the only active member in my area.

SiR
04-02-2006, 04:46 AM
I'm up for any place in the state of FL.

lostforawhile
04-02-2006, 07:30 AM
I'm going to start bustin' ass on this suspension,I going to do the best I can to be there. when it gets closer to the meet i'll know more,maby i can meet up with some folks on the way down or something,I'll be going via thomasville GA

guaynabo89
04-04-2006, 02:54 PM
My car shoud be put together so I'll probably be there.

And my house will not be the official meet location! :kekeke:

SiR
04-05-2006, 06:07 AM
And my house will not be the official meet location! :kekeke:
But what about the cookies?!?!?

Vanilla Sky
04-05-2006, 10:16 PM
i'm in, but it's very doubtful that i'll have a 3gee running by then. i do hope to get one running some time, but not in the near future.

i think orlando or tampa would be very workable since the last two were up here. there aren't many guys in this area, so i'm willing to travel myself.

lostforawhile
04-11-2006, 01:12 PM
i'm in, but it's very doubtful that i'll have a 3gee running by then. i do hope to get one running some time, but not in the near future.

i think orlando or tampa would be very workable since the last two were up here. there aren't many guys in this area, so i'm willing to travel myself.so have we decided anything yet? and vanilla sky just come anyways if your car isn't running yet

ICEMAN707
04-11-2006, 05:26 PM
I'll probably come, but with the civic. By that time I should have the vtec swap done. I prefer a Central FL meet. I heard there is a car show coming around here these coming months. Would be a good place to meet. The 3gee is still under works with more bodywork and tranny swap so it's not yet driveable.

guaynabo89
05-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Well............
Whatever hapened to this?

Show some hands, time, place etc!

My car is seriously disassembled right now but hopefully (crosses fingers) should be done in a couple of weeks.

Vanilla Sky
05-28-2006, 07:41 PM
yeah, what happened? i wanna meet up with you guys again.

SiR
05-28-2006, 08:52 PM
The meet will still happen.
To my knowledge, no changes to the details

Vanilla Sky
05-28-2006, 09:58 PM
anyone even have an idea of where we should meet?

guaynabo89
05-29-2006, 06:32 AM
how about Osceola ave.in Kissimmee The walmart has a huge parking lot and is in central FL. and is right off the turnpike.:)

Vanilla Sky
05-31-2006, 10:03 PM
sounds like a plan.

are we going to be doing anything that costs money? i'm broke myself, so the cheaper, the better.

guaynabo89
06-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I think we should push back the date and see if more than 3 people are interested ina meet.

Vanilla Sky
06-08-2006, 10:29 AM
well, i may not be able to make it. i have a family member that we're not expecting il live too much longer, and we have to attend his funeral when he passes. we're not sure when that will be, but it'll probably be pretty soon.

i'm definately up for a reschedule. i have a planned nissan meet the saturday before that, and this coming saturday i'm going to miami to pick my girlfriend up. pushing it back til august might be a good option.

lostforawhile
06-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Confetti car show productions meets a lot in north flordia and near central flordia. has anyone thought of getting together and going to one of their shows? I mean entering in the show. they are really easygoing on the judging,they have a lot of people building projects,and they can judge you if you are in a build. what better place to meet then at a car show/

EricW
06-08-2006, 03:19 PM
If we could reschedule it later it would work better for me, as long as its not on any major holidays(retail sucks). I would also should have more parts on by then.

Vanilla Sky
06-08-2006, 03:43 PM
ok, that's 3 that say it's better to move it, and one that recommends more research. for it being only a little over 2 weeks away, there is little info on this meet.

EricW
06-08-2006, 04:19 PM
If we still plan on meeting in the orlando area I will need a place to stay or I might check to see if i can stay at my uncles house in tampa.

Vanilla Sky
06-08-2006, 04:31 PM
depending on when, you'd be invited to stay here at my place. if we get another bed for my new room and an AC for out there, the'll be plenty of room. i'm about 2 hours north of orlando, but the drive isn't the least bit bad.

guaynabo89
06-08-2006, 04:31 PM
My car in not going to be back together in 2 weeks and I really wanted to attend.

Plus the 4th of july weekend is busy for everyone and school starts back up in August so I say maybe july 8th 15th or 22nd all are Sat.

I live in Kissimme so if anyone ones to look for something specific as meet places or ideas just spit it out and I'll try and research. and maybe let all the florida peoples now so maybe we can get more than the usual 3 that come to the meets. I think we all know what three those are since those are always hang out at my place meets.:)

Vanilla Sky
06-08-2006, 04:33 PM
i say splendid china. there are ways in.

lostforawhile
06-08-2006, 05:45 PM
the general consensus seems to be wait a bit,I think a car show going on would be a great place to meet. what about cruise ins for car clubs? that way the cops won't give you a hard time eithier. around here if they see more then a couple of imports in a parking lot,they think it's punk kids,or ricers. if we wait a bit,it will also give me time to get my carb and get tuned,it's giving me fits right now. I had to spend half a g on tires and front end parts,so there went the carb until the end of this month.

guaynabo89
06-08-2006, 05:54 PM
the general consensus seems to be wait a bit,I think a car show going on would be a great place to meet. what about cruise ins for car clubs? that way the cops won't give you a hard time eithier. around here if they see more then a couple of imports in a parking lot,they think it's punk kids,or ricers. if we wait a bit,it will also give me time to get my carb and get tuned,it's giving me fits right now. I had to spend half a g on tires and front end parts,so there went the carb until the end of this month.

Every Sat there is a car show here locally at a place called OLD TOWN Its on 192/ West vine st kissimme. Its all mostly old muscle cars and hot rodas but defiantely fun, They also have a cruise rigth at the end at around 9 or 10 but I dont know if its open to other cars other than old cars. Its fun to watch though too.

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Alright well it looks like the general concensus agrees that it would be better to push the date back a little bit, which would actually work out better for me too. That way everybody has a little more time to get their stuff put together and be able to make it to the meet. Soooo how about we reschedule for say, Saturday August 5th? It'll be in Orlando/Kissimmee area. Cool with everybody?

EricW
06-18-2006, 06:57 PM
August 5th looks good to me.

lostforawhile
06-18-2006, 07:26 PM
works for me.:)

:bandance: F and F ricers!!

guaynabo89
07-07-2006, 12:07 PM
ok so whos actually going?

EricW
07-07-2006, 02:52 PM
i'm going to have to ask off work, then i'll know for sure.

Vanilla Sky
07-09-2006, 01:14 AM
i plan on going. either way, we still lack details. it's only like 3 weeks away. at this point, location, time, and activities should be planned and posted.

personally, i vote to keep things cheap. even something as siple as a cookout would be cool. i'm sure there's a picnic area with grills in that area. i'm sure there are a few of us that could cook without giving us all food poisoning :p

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Ok here's the details of the meet.... meeting at the Wal Mart parking lot at 1:00 pm. The address is 1471 E. Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee 34744. We'll be there a little early so that everyone coming in can spot us easier. We'll be out at the edge of the parking lot farthest away from the store where it's open and we should be pretty easy to spot. It's right off the turnpike, looks like exit 249, then just head west and it's right there

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4333/map9pi.gif

After we all meet up and get aquainted we'll probably hang out for a few and take some pics, then go get some lunch maybe at Johnny Rockets or whatever and take more pics... we can decide that when we get there though. Then after that head over to Old Town ( http://www.old-town.com ) and hang out there for awile. From there we'll just kinda play it by ear and see what everybody wants to do, plans may change once we all get together. But this is a preliminary plan for the day.

Hope to be able to meet a few new faces :)

guaynabo89
07-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Who ever is going post up cause theres only like 9 people that voted on location.

It would be nice to get more than just 2or 3 people out. I know I will be taking my hatch. maybe another car too dont know yet.

SiR
07-10-2006, 10:52 AM
i'll be there for sho!

guaynabo89
07-10-2006, 03:56 PM
i'll be there for sho!

WOO-HOO!

That makes 3 of us for sure.

Who else is a for sure?

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-11-2006, 06:55 PM
i'll be there for sho!
:rockon:

You'd better be there foo!! Otherwise... :slap:

:rofl:

87lxiaccord
07-12-2006, 06:49 PM
i'll definetly be there if i can get my engine put back together by then (port and polish)

Vanilla Sky
07-12-2006, 07:07 PM
i still plan on being there. i just won't be in my accord.

UnforgivenPyro
07-12-2006, 07:21 PM
I might be there if I get my accord in good shape. Ill probably have to ask off work that day, but that shouldnt be a problem.

labeledsk8r
07-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Yeah i will probably role up with andrew were both comeing from ocala, but this is if i can get my hoses, my timeing belt, and my alignment finished and have some spare cash, but if thats done ima come down with andrew there (unforgiven pyro)

Vanilla Sky
07-12-2006, 07:28 PM
so you bought that SEi, eh, pyro?

UnforgivenPyro
07-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Yea, working on it little by little everyday. I was pretty lucky to even find an SEi at the junkyard me and labeledsk8r usually go to.

SiR
07-12-2006, 07:44 PM
:rockon:
You'd better be there foo!! Otherwise... :slap:
:rofl:

Fuk all that bullsh1t, I rather be there then in Toronto, Canada right now.

Vanilla Sky
07-12-2006, 08:40 PM
pyro, i PMed you about the LXi. i'm looking for cheap transport and i'm not afraid of a bottom end replacment.

sleeperheaven
07-13-2006, 07:16 PM
you can count me in

guaynabo89
07-14-2006, 01:34 PM
it doesnt matter if you dont think your car is done or clean enough just come out to the meet.

cars are never done. for some reason they always stay a work in progress

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Yea my car definitely ain't clean... rusty fenders, no carpet, can see the road through the floor in the back, and the clearcoat is peeling... my poor car :crying: Oh well at least she runs like a top!

labeledsk8r
07-14-2006, 06:21 PM
im not worried about how my car looks, im just worried if i can make it there and back in its condition, i never have taken it out of the city lol so i kinda want to get a few mech stuff done, but i most likely will have it done before the 5th, just gona ask for the day off work

Vanilla Sky
07-14-2006, 06:48 PM
i'm not even showing up in a honda period!

come as you are. we don't care what your car runs like or how you're dressed. we're just out to meet other 3geezers and share ideas.

SiR
07-14-2006, 08:32 PM
i'm not even showing up in a honda period!
come as you are. we don't care what your car runs like or how you're dressed. we're just out to meet other 3geezers and share ideas.

Preach it brother!

guaynabo89
07-23-2006, 05:57 AM
hey rooz you getting off this day or what? I know you're pretty busy with your carreer now, just wondering if you're really going to be able to make it.

This is only two weeks away! Did the peoples that had to ask off work do so? Cause by now everyone should know if they're going or not.

I'm still going:D

SiR
07-23-2006, 12:22 PM
90% going.

UnforgivenPyro
07-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Labeledsk8r and I both requested off of work that day. We are still talking about whether we are going though, given that nothing happens at the last min.

guaynabo89
07-24-2006, 11:33 AM
90% going.

Only 90% whats the other 10% for?

You have to come and show off the only jdm dual piston calipers in the U.S.:thumbup:

Well lets see what happens come two sats from now.

lostforawhile
07-29-2006, 05:23 AM
ok where did we decide it was going to be?(oh no flaming arrows and catapults incoming) I;m really going to try and make it. carb has been giving me fits. I've been busting my ass for weeks now to fix the suspension. fixing to put the rack in today and fix the power steering. can somebody give me an estimated driving distance from thomasville GA? I'm going to stop there and eat breakfast on the way. I guess it will make it. i drive a thousand miles a week anywy

guaynabo89
07-29-2006, 07:42 AM
ok where did we decide it was going to be?(oh no flaming arrows and catapults incoming) I;m really going to try and make it. carb has been giving me fits. I've been busting my ass for weeks now to fix the suspension. fixing to put the rack in today and fix the power steering. can somebody give me an estimated driving distance from thomasville GA? I'm going to stop there and eat breakfast on the way. I guess it will make it. i drive a thousand miles a week anywy

How close is that to Valdosta?

I know I visited Vinny a couple of times and I think it took about 4 hrs?

EricW
07-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Ok, I worked out my schedual at work so I'm going to be attending the meet.

UnforgivenPyro
07-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Alright. Justin(labeledsk8r) and I went up to work yesterday to check our schedules. They still put us as working on the 5th. We talked to our manager to see what is going on and it turns out that they needed most of their employees working that day since its supposed to be the "back to school" thing. We asked about both of us getting off that day and he didnt really give us a straight answer. So Im not sure if we will be able to make it or not, but Im gonna try to.

lostforawhile
07-29-2006, 09:41 AM
How close is that to Valdosta?
I know I visited Vinny a couple of times and I think it took about 4 hrs?I am kind of in the middle between valdosta and albany. it takes me an hour to get to Valdosta or an hour to get to Albany. 30 minues to get to thomasville. if you came from flordia you could come through thomasville drive to Moultrie then take a right turn and drive an hour to Valdosta or keep going straight and go to albany. Vinny lives in Valdosta? :) all the hundreds of times i've gone to valdosta

guaynabo89
07-29-2006, 10:14 AM
I am kind of in the middle between valdosta and albany. it takes me an hour to get to Valdosta or an hour to get to Albany. 30 minues to get to thomasville. if you came from flordia you could come through thomasville drive to Moultrie then take a right turn and drive an hour to Valdosta or keep going straight and go to albany. Vinny lives in Valdosta? :) all the hundreds of times i've gone to valdosta

Actually I went florida turnpike to 75 and just took the Valdosta exit off 75. About 3 1/2 for me. Vinny used to live in Valdosta. He moved to texas a little while back. Me Vinny Jared and Rooz used to meet on a regular basis. up until about a year ago.

lostforawhile
07-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Actually I went florida turnpike to 75 and just took the Valdosta exit off 75. About 3 1/2 for me. Vinny used to live in Valdosta. He moved to texas a little while back. Me Vinny Jared and Rooz used to meet on a regular basis. up until about a year ago.
augggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanilla Sky
07-30-2006, 06:59 PM
i hate to flake, but my mom is having surgery the previous day in tampa. i may not be able to make it.

guaynabo89
07-31-2006, 03:44 PM
uh oh

here we go come on guys dont start droppin now

EricW
07-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Derick, I will be staying at my uncles house in Tampa Friday and Saturday night, so if you don't make it to the meet maybe i could meet you somewhere in Tampa.

I will be bringing cup holder for the center console if anyone is interested in it. It doesn't have the piece that holds the cups but is still nice to have. If anyone is interested it I'll sell it to you at the meet.

87lxiaccord
07-31-2006, 08:21 PM
i hate to flake, but my mom is having surgery the previous day in tampa. i may not be able to make it.
ahh thats too bad hope your mom makes it out ok hi my name is derek haha

Vanilla Sky
07-31-2006, 11:49 PM
i have some time to kill in tampa on friday. i'm going to check out a park by the museum of art. unfortunately, i'll only have about an hour or hour and half free. the museum of art isn't far from the hospital, and the park is largely unmaintained. i love seeing things that past their prime.

but since i'm doing all that driving on friday, and mom's having surgery, i'm having to drop out of the meet. if it were any other weekend, i would have made time, but i just can't leave my i'll mom home.

sorry guys.

lostforawhile
08-01-2006, 04:11 PM
i have some time to kill in tampa on friday. i'm going to check out a park by the museum of art. unfortunately, i'll only have about an hour or hour and half free. the museum of art isn't far from the hospital, and the park is largely unmaintained. i love seeing things that past their prime.
but since i'm doing all that driving on friday, and mom's having surgery, i'm having to drop out of the meet. if it were any other weekend, i would have made time, but i just can't leave my i'll mom home.
sorry guys.do you ever come up this way towards north flordia/south georgia? if you do we will hang out sometime. I'm going to try my best to be there but the money isn't looking too good right now,I realy want to be there though.

Vanilla Sky
08-01-2006, 06:19 PM
the farthest north i ever get is jacksonville.

i'm going to vote that we start a monthly meet in FL. there are several in central FL now. that really helps out with recurring meets.

maybe we should plan mini-meets more often? we just don't meet up enough in FL. the last meet we had was the one i arranged in jacksonville, which was over a year ago. more local mini-meets might be killer.

and for you guys that are looking for an SEi rear setup, PM me for the info on a junkyard that has an SEi. they want $110 for the rear "axle" setup, pulled. i just can't afford the money, even for resale. i just want to help one of you guys out.

EricW
08-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Tim, I go to Valdosta/Hahira once or twice a year, usually Thanksgiving and whenever else. Might have to see about meeting when I'm up there next time.

lostforawhile
08-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Tim, I go to Valdosta/Hahira once or twice a year, usually Thanksgiving and whenever else. Might have to see about meeting when I'm up there next time.
we might take a mini vacation to panama city sometime it's not too bad from here at all

lostforawhile
08-02-2006, 04:51 PM
does anybody know the alternate route other then the interstate? there is supposed to be another north south route close to the interstate. my wife and I want to make a road trip out of this not stare at concrete barriers.

Vanilla Sky
08-02-2006, 08:25 PM
441 stays pretty close. highway 17 takes you into orlando, and passes my house (i can step outside the back door and SEE the highway). 301 maybe? i'd place bets on those 441 and 17.

guaynabo89
08-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Ok Is someone gonna get peoples phone numbers in case they are runnin glate or get lost or something?

I vote Jared as the cell phone number keepre. :D

lostforawhile
08-03-2006, 09:06 PM
well I just got all the tools packed also spare parts of every description. lets hope for the best,tomorrow I pack the cooler and we hit the road at 5:00 am saturday morning. I am bringing a lot of tools also jack stands,so if anyone there had problems I can probably help you. does anyone have a contact number? I am bringing a bunch of antique civic parts so if anyone needs them,they are free. I wanted to install my blower for my feet since it's gets hot enough in the floor pan to about roast them,but ran out of time. it's not bad on short trips but on long trips it's brutal. I had a portable unit that i used to use,but It disappeared years ago. and of course the ac is broke. it's gonna be a long trip. we took back roads to atlanta once,took fourteen hours. it was mostly at night too.

SiR
08-03-2006, 09:38 PM
stay hydrated for the trip

87lxiaccord
08-04-2006, 12:00 PM
my cell number is 793-5374 im leavin at like 11:30 so i'll be early

lostforawhile
08-04-2006, 12:03 PM
my cell number is 793-5374 im leavin at like 11:30 so i'll be earlyI'm leaving t 5:00 am(yawn) I wonder ifanybody is bringing a hatchie or two? :)

guaynabo89
08-04-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm leaving t 5:00 am(yawn) I wonder ifanybody is bringing a hatchie or two? :)

I'll be bringing my hatch of course :D

my cell number is 793-5374 im leavin at like 11:30 so i'll be early

you got an are code there buddy

lostforawhile
08-04-2006, 02:28 PM
so the big question is the weather,no one is bringing a convertible I hope. :huh:

EricW
08-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Well I'm currently in Tampa, got here about 3, errr i mean 4 since I'm in eastern time now. The trip wasn't too bad without A/c since it was cloudy and rained most of the time and there was only 2 traffic jams. I'll see you guys tomorrow.

My cell # is (850) 276-3306

87lxiaccord
08-04-2006, 04:18 PM
I'll be bringing my hatch of course :D
you got an are code there buddy
sorry (727) 793-5374

guaynabo89
08-04-2006, 06:45 PM
so the big question is the weather,no one is bringing a convertible I hope. :huh:

Actually I think the weathers gonna be like 92 degrees with scattered t storms in the afternonn. Probably around 4-5 which is the usual time around here.

labeledsk8r
08-04-2006, 06:48 PM
im so pissed at my work, they told me i had to work on the 5th so i didnt save any cash for the trip i go in today and were like "err we just got you tomarow off" frigen basterds now i still cant go and i dont know if andrews going either becuse they did the same thing to him. good luck with the meet and i wana see some pics when you guys get back

lostforawhile
08-04-2006, 07:49 PM
all right going to bed,I'll see you all tomorrow long ass drive there.

Vanilla Sky
08-04-2006, 07:53 PM
have fun everyone!

guaynabo89
08-04-2006, 08:43 PM
im so pissed at my work, they told me i had to work on the 5th so i didnt save any cash for the trip i go in today and were like "err we just got you tomarow off" frigen basterds now i still cant go and i dont know if andrews going either becuse they did the same thing to him. good luck with the meet and i wana see some pics when you guys get back

Well if either of you guys decide to go or both post up a number or call someone so we can wait for you.

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Alrighty peoples, hope to see some of you tomorrow!! If anybody has any problems feel free to call me 954-591-9960

labeledsk8r
08-04-2006, 08:48 PM
i just talked to him and no he isnt going, he was told the same thing that he had to work tomarow then they got him the day off at the last second, i hate working at kmart lol. oh well i will come out next meet if im still in florida. hope its a good turn out for you all. peace

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Rooz and I just got home safe 'n sound a few mins ago... nice meeting some new people, Tim and wife, Dereck, and Eric, and of course the usuals too, LOL. Hope everyone made it back home safely without any problems. Had a real good time, hope to have another one but this time in the winter when it's a little cooler out... it was WAAAYYY to friggin hot out yesterday!

Thanks to everyone that came!! :cheers: :wave:

Vanilla Sky
08-06-2006, 05:44 PM
i'm thinking bimonthly. the next one should be tampa or miami to be fair. it's just going to take cooperation from all of us. with bimonthlies, junkyard meets are ok since you already know almost everyone.

EricW
08-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Well i got back home(Panama City) about 5 hours ago and i have a nice sun burn on my left arm that has a sharp cut off line right where the sleeve on my shirt ended.

Any way i'm working on uploading all of the pictures i took and will post them shortly.

It was nice to meet all of you, hopefully we can do it again sometime.

SiR
08-06-2006, 08:51 PM
i'm thinking bimonthly. the next one should be tampa or miami to be fair. it's just going to take cooperation from all of us. with bimonthlies, junkyard meets are ok since you already know almost everyone.
I like your idea of a rotation. Bi-monthly seems a bit much. Maybe quarterly. Cooler temps are nice to add as well.

guaynabo89
08-07-2006, 10:16 AM
I like your idea of a rotation. Bi-monthly seems a bit much. Maybe quarterly. Cooler temps are nice to add as well.

quaterly and cooler is a def plus. maybe a ft lauraldale meet? the one oldschool shows maybe?

SiR
08-07-2006, 12:03 PM
quaterly and cooler is a def plus. maybe a ft lauraldale meet? the one oldschool shows maybe?

Juan will show up for sure down here in South FL.