PDA

View Full Version : dual exhaust???

markmdz89hatch
08-23-2002, 05:41 AM
ok, so what do you guys think. I need a little input here. There's a kid that works at the local monro muffler here in town that is very very handy with the pipe bender. He has an old school sentra that he hooked up a dual exhaust onto. Now I saw it and it look sweet. I know that it's only a 4 banger, and there's no way there could ever be a true dual exhaust on our cars, but hey, it looks crazy kool. He told me that he could do mine with 2.25" piping from cat-bak for around 250-300 if I supply the two mufflers. He will not be using stainless, it'll be the alluminized pipe. Still this seems like an incredible price. I've seen his work, and it's incredible. He does not just toss in a y just b4 the muffler, and run a pipe to another muff. No, he does it the hard way, and puts a f*cking Y just after the cat, and runs a line down either side all the way out to the dual fart-cans.

What do you guys think, should I go for it? Does anyone have any pics of what this might look like, or is anyone handy enough w/ photoshop to be able to fake one out for me?

markmdz89hatch
08-23-2002, 09:54 AM
Wow! What a huge F*king flop this poll/thread turned out to be.

C'mon guys, I'm too indecisive, I need some advise here!

anchovies
08-23-2002, 11:50 AM
there's some dual exhaust pics on the old board
forgot what's his nick
check it out

netfreak
08-23-2002, 12:07 PM
Do it. You'll beat me to it :p Splitting at the cat is the best way to do it, and I'll eventually do it that way when I can afford good piping and a mechanic.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-23-2002, 12:35 PM
Anybody care what it might do to you low end power?

That's allot of money to throw at a gee whiz mod

Coroncho80
08-23-2002, 04:48 PM
Yo, if i were you, i would not go for it. It might look cool or weird but a 4 cylinder with dual exhaust?????? come on! i saw a civic like that here in Philadelphia and it had the word RICE all over the car. just get a nice single muffler and if you wanna go with the 2.25" piping go for it, that what i have on mines. Hey that's just my opinio.

markmdz89hatch
08-25-2002, 07:38 PM
...yeah, so I think I'll stick with not having the whole world ask me "is that a true dual?" i think it looks cool on my friends 89 Sentra, but after talking to him about his setup, and finding out what he did with the piping to get another can on the other side... ...I'd rather not mess w/ that stuff.

I'm gonna stick with single.

Coroncho --> yeah, after seeing and hearing yours on your SE-i, I like it, and wanna stick with single. (Sweet ride BTW). (I'd do anything for that dark grey leather interior!. I like, I like!)

A20A1
08-25-2002, 08:25 PM
is it an SE-R sentra? that has like 150 hp.... 2.25 is good, but dual pipes might be better with 2.0" since you'll be splitting the amount of exhaust through each pipe, that way you keep the velocity up

Mike89Accordcom
08-25-2002, 11:45 PM
I wanted to do that once, and the guy was like you can't because of the undercarriage that is in the way. He said the only way to do it, was to get a very small pipe and put it in there. But I have a huge muffler, so I wanted to match that with the other side, but it wouldn't fit, damnit. But good luck, and I hope you can do it

netfreak
08-26-2002, 12:17 AM
The 2nd muffler would have to be small, but you could probably fit... Finding room for the piping is also an issue.

darkhonda89
08-27-2002, 08:47 PM
do it its bad asssssss perfect 4 the car i had it done last thurs. they did a glasspack 6in from the cat then ran 2in from there all the way over the rear then split it out into 2 pipes with 4in tips awesome ...............................dark

ps check out my trunk ....sweeeeet ...

Site
08-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Dude, your car is unreal. I never fathomed a 3Gee looking like your does. It's untouchable.

2Fast_Fiero
09-01-2002, 07:26 PM
Dark, send me pictures of your accord, A guy here in town, where that Balistix 5th Gen Accord is sittin wrecked, his parents own a kick ass exaust shop, they make TRUE Dual Exaust for 4 bangers, They made 2 Headers for one of my friend's eclipse, they got the right mounts and welded everything, and made 2 Headers, but you would have to have them make the exaust also, and they use 2 1/2" pipe, they gut the cat converter, and send the exaust straight through, 2 pipes, 2 headers, 2 mufflers, all custom made for like 650 bucks tho. At a car show he had these ramps that he drove his car on, that tilted the car so that you can see under his car, and still look in the cockpit and engine compartment, it was tight. I think it took them like 2 months to make it perfectly.

darkhonda89
09-12-2002, 08:45 PM
just print pics off of my posts

theBeline
09-13-2002, 11:21 AM
so, does any one know where I can pick up the "twin-bomb"?

smufguy
09-15-2002, 07:55 PM
here is my idea. How baout u pick two mufflers of ur choice. fit one in ur reg muffler's place and the other, just tape it on the other end. no one said exahust should be coming from both the mufflers and technically its a dual muffler cause u got two. right?