PDA

View Full Version : I HATE PepBoys!!!!

markmdz89hatch
08-23-2002, 06:48 AM
Ok, so I'm getting ready to do the rear disc conversion, and I call pepboys b/c I feel like spending more $$ then I have to, and want to get brand new rotors, pads, master, and proportioning valves.

They want 45 EACH for the rear rotors... ...:wtf: are they insane. ...and that's for bone stock, no performance there.

they don't carry the prop. valves, they say that that's a deal only item. once again...:wtf:

now, onto the pads... ...they ask, coupe or sedan, I'm like :wtf: how the f*ck am i supposed to know that, i say from neither, they're from a box.:flip: I'm like, well, they should both be the same pn. right, i mean there was only rear disc, or rear drum, that's it. No variations with either of the two. He's like, no, you're wrong, there's diff. p/n's for the sedan and coupe. So i'm like, ok, then that means that the coupe and sedan use diff. calipers in the rear, he agree's. Now i say, ok, so can you look up the calipers for me, he looks, and is like, what model? I'm like, "how about the only one that has rear calipers" (f*cking dumbass). he comes back with a price. I'm like "well, is that for the coupe of sedan?" he's like "they're the same" I just hung up on him. I really feel sorry for the parents of these stupid people, and really dislike the stupid people themselves. I may be wrong, but that's b/c of lack of knowledge on the topic, but he's just plain dumb.

Mike's89AccordLX
08-23-2002, 09:15 AM
I can't stand people that tell you total bs b/c they are too damn lazy to find out whats right, so they just make shit up.

PhydeauX
08-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Its probalby some kid in high school who's never touched a car. You can't really yell at them, they just parrot back what the computer tells them to. The computer is wrong about 50% of the time though. We used to use their delivery service at work because they were cheap for brake pads and reman parts like starters and alternators. We stoped useing them after a few months because they kept sending us the wrong parts, then argueing that their computer said it was the right one when we sent it back. Cost us too much time, a 1 hour alternator job would take us 2.5 by the time we got the right part.

I just had to add this one little story about their incopitence though. I called them up to get a price on a carburetor for my corolla way back when before I gave up on that damn thing and went for efi. Anyway I called them up and told them I needed a carburetor for an 88 toyota corolla. So the guy asks me if my corolla was carbed or efi. I just wanted to reach through the phone and strangle him like they do in cartoons. I ended up fucking with him for a bit, told him the car was efi. He couldn't find a listing for a carb for it and eventually put me on the phone with someone who atleast knew what a car was.

andy

POS carb
08-23-2002, 10:28 AM
those parts stores computers have a shit load of bad information, he's only reading what the screen says, he can't take your word for it. .:shrug:.