PDA

View Full Version : Distributor Seals on A20A1?

RamThis
04-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Is there an outer seal and inner O-ring on the 89 Accord LX 2.0 Carb engine's distributor where it goes into the head? It seems there is a large oil leak under the distributor and I want to replace those seals. Anyone have a good diagram or part numbers?

I'm also replacing the valve cover gasket at the same time, and I just got done putting in a new oil pan gasket and crankcase vent hose down on the oil pan a couple hours ago. Hoping this stops all the major leaks, I can live with a few minor ones.

Thanks!

shepherd79
04-02-2006, 04:36 PM
if you pull out the distributor, you will find one o-ring. replace it and you will fix the problem.

RamThis
04-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Sweet, thanks! I can just get one matched up that way I guess. Or is it a special guage material? Sometimes Ive found O-rings can come in real heavy guage and light guage in the same diameter O-ring.

A20A1
04-03-2006, 04:42 PM
yeah, get a thicker one... there are two different oring thicknesses, sometimes auto parts stores only sell one size and you end up with a leak even with a new o-ring.. .I said ffugit... I went to the hardware store paid a like 10 cents and got a perffect o-ring that was nice a thick.