PDA

View Full Version : B20A Metal head gaskets

carotman
04-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Well,

A local shop told me that they could make metal B20A headgaskets for us. All I have to do is bring him a spare gasket I got.

Before I have these made (if it works as planned), how many of you guys would want Metal headgaskets for your B20As?

Thanks

TWOLOUDNPROUD
04-02-2006, 09:15 PM
What would be the cost for it?

Legend_master
04-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Make sure that it is not a copper head gasket, becasue those are not for street use. With copper headgaskets you ahve to have the head and block decked a certain way and coolent still leaks into the cylinders. Cosmitec can make you a copper one for $89.00 if you plan on getting one.

carotman
04-03-2006, 12:12 AM
I don't know the final price yet. They told be it would be a metal gasket. I specificaly told them I didn't want a copper gasket. We'll see how it turns out.

thegreatdane
04-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Would the quality exceed the OEM honda ones or would it strictly just serve the purpose of providing you american/canadian guys with headgaskets and not being too concerned about any performance factors?

carotman
04-03-2006, 10:03 PM
They would be better than the OEM ones AND provide a great replacement for us american/canadians hehe.

thegreatdane
04-05-2006, 10:09 AM
That's clever, eh :) If they're boost friendly I'd be interested!

Versanick
04-05-2006, 09:27 PM
I might be interested incase I blow my beautiful new OEM honda head gasket. Keep posted on price. <$100 is good.

Legend_master
04-05-2006, 09:32 PM
if these are not copper, do you think he could make them for the a20?

Kabuki
04-06-2006, 02:22 PM
I'd be interested, though it would be for the B21A1. I suppose no one else would want that though. *Sigh*.

nswst8
04-07-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm interested, keep me posted.

carotman
04-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Well, I'm not sure it will work out. The guy supposedly has a contact at Cometic and this is where the gaskets will be sent. I know that Rob sent one and they basicaly told him they didn't want to make them or something. I told this to the guy but he assured me that he had a contact there and could match any headgasket. He supposedly had custom gaskets made by them for a reasonable price.

We'll see how it goes. I'm pretty sure that we could order at least 10 gaskets. It's always handy to have a spare one when it comes to hard to find parts like this.

SovietSuperSoldier
10-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Have you ever thought of trying race engineering.com? They have a copper HG already made!!!!! Its for B20/B21 motors. And you dont need a copper or metal hg if your not boosted! Dont you guys know anything?????

thegreatdane
10-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Have you ever thought of trying race engineering.com? They have a copper HG already made!!!!! Its for B20/B21 motors. And you dont need a copper or metal hg if your not boosted! Dont you guys know anything?????

I think you need to get your facts straight before you start claiming all sorts of things will work, and people end up buying crap that doesnt fit.

gfrg88
10-09-2006, 02:19 PM
dude youre a fuking retard!!!! YOURE the one that doesnt know anything, you dont even fukin know the difference in the b20 engines!!! :thumbdn:

rjudgey
10-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Also if your running 12:1 or higher CR ratio on a N/A engine you dam well $%*&ing need one or you'll blow a stock gasket straight out the first time you pull any high revs!!

Kabuki
12-04-2006, 03:02 PM
No kidding. There's a big reason that Honda went to the MLS type head gaskets for ALL models. And provide a retrofit gasket for D15B engines (had problems with leaking oil out the back). It's because they are superior to the graphite composite gaskets in nearly every way.

RobT5580
12-13-2006, 07:53 AM
Well, I'm not sure it will work out. The guy supposedly has a contact at Cometic and this is where the gaskets will be sent. I know that Rob sent one and they basicaly told him they didn't want to make them or something. I told this to the guy but he assured me that he had a contact there and could match any headgasket. He supposedly had custom gaskets made by them for a reasonable price.
We'll see how it goes. I'm pretty sure that we could order at least 10 gaskets. It's always handy to have a spare one when it comes to hard to find parts like this.

Thats right Carot, I sent cometic mine and the only thing they would do without a minimum of 10 was copper. They should have the design of the B20A copper gasket still if they keep that stuff logged. I wasnt going to get 10 gaskets made but if your still looking into it im down but i was sure i couldnt get 10 people in on this but i would be willing to buy 2-4 gaskets depending on price.

Kabuki
12-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Find out how much they want for an order of ten gaskets. Then we can start up a group buy.