PDA

View Full Version : Weird Electrical Problem

MessyHonda
04-03-2006, 08:10 PM
well i went to the junk yard to get a new taillight since the one i had was for the LX-i model and it would show that i had a burnt light...i got a nice replacement for 16 bucks it worked fine till now...all my interior lights on the guages are out(expt for the automatic shifter indicator by the gas indicator and the turn singnals)....also my rear taillights dont turn on when i turn on the lights...only when i push on the brake pedal...my headlights work fine

does any one know how i can trubleshoot it?

speedpenguin
04-04-2006, 06:59 AM
So your gauge cluster's out, are your ventilation control lights out too?
I think you have a short in the circuit, the same thing happened to me.
Your fuse is going to be blown, replace that first. If the fuse blows again, then you have a short. Probably a rusted ground.
How to fix it depends on how ghetto you want to be.
Separate the gauge cluster out of the circuit. If the lights work, then your short's in the gauge cluster, probably in the dashboard. If they still don't work, then your short's in the taillight circuit itself.
If it's in the dashboard, you can rig up a ghetto circuit and just drive without your gauge cluster lights, I've done that as a temporary fix. The only other thing you can do is take apart your interior and either find the short or just replace your interior wiring harness.
Good luck! Wiring problems can be a bitch.