PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen accord inter cooler piping

3gmodifier
04-04-2006, 05:02 AM
ok, i have been doing alot of research, thinking, and exstensive planning for my turbo set up. the only thing that still has me worried is how to make, or what to use for inter cooler and charge piping. i have seen a lot of "do it yourself" kits, but there all crap. i want some thing that is pre-fabed with rolled ends. preferably only two pieces. (or three). i was wondering if any one has used a piping set up already made for a 4th gen. if i have to mod it just i a little, thats fine too. the reason i am so picky about this is because i want some thing that super clean. ( not 5 or more segments with 15 hose couplers and 30 hose clamps) and because i dont have hundreds and hundreds of dollars to spend to have one prototyped and custom made. with the possibilty of using a 4th gen set up, i can achieve a simple and clean upgrade.

any thoughts.

MoonScryer
04-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Maybe, but 4g is bigger and different engine placement. Your best bet is to get one for a 2g Integra and then use DSM boost hoses at the turbo outlet to IC pipe and a piece going into the engine compartment from the IC outlet.

Honestly, I would just get some U-bends and DIY. You can rolled ends put on real cheap, and you can have most of the sections welded together. The only place you should have movement available is at the turbo, going into the IC inlet, going into the engine bay, and at the TB. Some don't even bother with that much even, but I would due to engine movement - it'll keep things from warping or cracking.

AccordEpicenter
04-12-2006, 05:58 AM
i dont think they would be even close. You dont need rolled ends, just weld a dot of weld or 2 onto the charge pipe ends and use good hose clams (T-bolt are a must) and silicone couplers. Just get some U bends and a welder then hit it with some rust oleum and youre good to go. I only have 4 sections in mine and i made them... well actually if you count the one charge pipe coming off the turbo its 5 but its not halfass.

3gmodifier
04-13-2006, 03:47 AM
cool, great to know. i'll keep you updated on my progress.