PDA

View Full Version : woot black interior!

wprocomp
04-04-2006, 04:37 PM
man why couldnt honda have put this interior in more cars:rant:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/356000-356999/356257_179_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/356000-356999/356257_180_full.jpg

HKS filter in there-now thats a yard find :)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/356000-356999/356257_181_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/356000-356999/356257_182_full.jpg

overall its in great shape!
now I have to put it back in,and thats gonna be so fun:inout:

Mars
04-04-2006, 04:40 PM
i have the dash, but the rest of my car is mostly tan. man id love some more balck peices.

good find, those are in rgeat condition.

MessyHonda
04-04-2006, 05:04 PM
thats how i want to paint mine...i hate brown...any tips on taking it out...i need to figure out how beacuse im taking it out very soon

Mars
04-04-2006, 05:07 PM
oh wait, you painted all that?
wow, what paint did you use?

mkymonkey
04-04-2006, 05:10 PM
ok... congrats but get to working and put it on your car! since its a coupe i would love to see some very detailed and well taken pics. i mentioned it in another thread, but not here. i want to redo my interior in leather. but have it professionally done. im thinking black so put it on, i want to see what it would look like.

mkymonkey
04-04-2006, 05:11 PM

he obviously didnt paint it. or else it woldnt have the normal tears where the seat belt hits. plus i think he typed that he found it at a jy. or at least just the filter. lol

Cheeseburger
04-04-2006, 05:12 PM

he bought it at the junk yard from a dx hatch

Mars
04-04-2006, 05:16 PM
ok haha, so my previous comment is reinstated.
Hella nice interior for a jy car.

wprocomp
04-04-2006, 05:41 PM
yes its from the junkyard oem black-getting a dash out is not fun,well since I was alone doing it made it worse-putting it in sucks even more-I will have to redo my rear seats in black and get my BRIDE seats soon-I already have Takata harness for it-some of the peices I am going to paint black because they are in rough shape compared to the peices I got and I also need to have the tears fixed-I will prob just recover the entire thing though

Trick87Accord
04-05-2006, 08:44 AM
wow thats a nice find at a JY i just had to paint my looks factory now, its pretty easy just have to take your time and use the right product.

speedpenguin
04-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Looks awesome. Welcome to the black interior club! (Motto: "We're better than you") :D

HondaBoy
04-05-2006, 11:11 AM
never thought about it but no they didnt put them in a lot of accords did they. looks like some nice pieces you got. i'd like to see the pix of them in your car though. cant wait.

ex1z7
04-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Very nice find, how hard would it be to paint all that - as I doubt I'll find much in a junkyard for my accord.. Wouldn't mind painting it though.. ? Mmmm all white interior anyone? =)

HondaBoy
04-05-2006, 11:32 AM
hey ex1z7, if your thinking of painting your dash i'd recommend using Duplicolor Vinal/Fabric dye. comes in a spray can, for black it comes flat or gloss finish. i used it on my dash and it came out very nice and hasnt faded. if there is a need for a touch up its very easy and matches well. you'd need to take the dash outta the car and clean it thoroughly to get any dirt or oily residue like armorall off. i used a bit of soapy water then some rubbing alcohol on a rag to clean my interior parts to be painted.

acco-R-d
04-05-2006, 02:04 PM
thats how i want to paint mine...i hate brown...any tips on taking it out...i need to figure out how beacuse im taking it out very soon
i painted mine and dont recommend it. to take it out there
heater core wires on the passenger side under the center area,
remove intrument panel(easier than sounds),
then remove bolts on the sides (two per side, side and bottom),
theres also a bolt behind the clock
then hood latch,
then lower steering colum (four bolts holding that up),
and the hardest thing 4 me was removing the connections under the dash and to the right of the steering wheel, theres like 6 connections. then i would

have a buddy help u pivot it out.

be careful 2 not break the turn signals, i almost did. o and dotn do wat i did. if u have a manual, get a dash from a manula car(same w/ auto) i had 2 transfer the wire harness b/c i put a dash from a manual n2 my auto.

well there u go, if yall need ne help PM me and ill help yall, ive done this like 6 times.

ghettogeddy
04-05-2006, 02:09 PM
yes its from the junkyard oem black-getting a dash out is not fun,well since I was alone doing it made it worse-putting it in sucks even more-I will have to redo my rear seats in black and get my BRIDE seats soon-I already have Takata harness for it-some of the peices I am going to paint black because they are in rough shape compared to the peices I got and I also need to have the tears fixed-I will prob just recover the entire thing though
what color was your dash before

Hash_man_Se_i
04-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Nice find man... IMO, if I didn't have the grey interior I would want the black for sure, but I think the grey is kinda nice.

And I know what you mean about pulling a dash by yourself... I did that a while ago and holy shit, not fun.

HondaBoy
04-05-2006, 03:21 PM
i dont remember it being that hard to take the dash out or put it back in. just unplug some things and unbolt like 9 bolts. i think i actually took my turn signals out. it says to in the repair manual. as well as the steering wheel. i did it by myself, it was kind of a bitch to get it in though, but i managed and found it well worth it.