PDA

View Full Version : Suspension / Lowering Questions

Nice Guy Neil
04-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey Folks,
I'm looking to lower my hatch. I'm planning on getting the Tokico HP shocks (part numbers HU2781-HU2783), since they're the easiest to get cheaply.
The springs I'm planning on going for are the Eibach Sportline 1.4" drop springs (part number 4.0540), and also getting the Suspension Techniques front and rear sways.

My questions are:

Although the HP's aren't the stiffest shocks around, I figured if I only lowered it 1.4" that they'd be alright. Is this true?

Does anyone have the spring rates for the Sportlines? I can't find them online.

Is anyone running this setup who can provide feedback on how it's working?

Finally, is it worth paying $250 for the new sway bars? It's an '88 Lx-i, so it's got decent ones stock.
Thanks for your help, folks.

b8er
04-05-2006, 08:52 PM
well i dont mean to be an ass or a broken record but searching would help, yes the Hp's will be fine, i would say the sway bars are worth it ubt dont have any personal feedbakc for it but i wouldnt have any problem paying 250 for them

86AccordLxi
04-05-2006, 09:02 PM
People have tended to shy away from eibach stuff for the 3g because of the poor springrates. Eibach has disproportionately stiff front springs as compared to the rear, which ultimately makes for more understeer. You should look at Neuspeed or H&R as a good alternative that's still pretty soft and a decent match for the Tokicos--the front will still be a bit bouncy, but it's really not that bad.

Alex

crazykamper
06-15-2006, 09:02 AM
what kinda springs work well (with a drop of 1 - 2in) with tokico shocks, and dont make a bouncy ride?

crazykamper
06-15-2006, 11:37 PM
what are better? h&r or nuespeed??? im looking for the less bouncy of the 2,

also, (bieng the lazy person i am) what is the price difference in getting full stock setup (springs and shocks, cause i need new ones) and getting aftermarket drop..... my dad mentioned it needs new springs and shocks, so why not get them now! lol.

AZmike
06-16-2006, 07:50 AM
what kinda springs work well (with a drop of 1 - 2in) with tokico shocks, and dont make a bouncy ride?

There is no lowering spring available that is not too stiff for the Tokicos in the front. My understanding is the H&R springs are the same as the Neuspeeds, but no one has confirmed this with a side by side comparison. Are you certain that you need new springs? Tokicos with stocks springs and a properly sized set of sway bars is likely to dramatically reduce understeer without giving you a bouncy ride.

crazykamper
06-18-2006, 09:51 AM
wow. i guess i will just start out then with shocks, i plan on getting swaybars anyways.... thanks for the tip!! i wont do a drop for a while then, (till i save up that is...) thanks!!