PDA

View Full Version : Vibration

kennycm
08-23-2002, 09:12 AM
I just installed the cold air filter this morning and now the car vibrates when I am going about 1500 rpms. It sounds kind of like it's revving itself. Please someone help me out and let me know what I should do.

anchovies
08-23-2002, 12:02 PM
okie this post should be at technical
what did you meant by cold air filter?

89accordlxi
08-23-2002, 12:42 PM
after any mod, you should always reset the ecu if you haven't already. Get the car warmed up, shut it off, unplug the ecu fuse under hood, wait 5-10 minutes, put fuse back in, start car without stepping on gas, let idle for 5 minutes or until radiator fans come on, turn car off and your set.

i'm out..

smufguy
08-25-2002, 01:29 PM
he means the filter that he had in his freezer the night before.

kennycm
09-18-2002, 10:51 AM
sorry about that, i replaced my ignition coil and now it runs fine. I meant the tube that you buy to put on your throttle body that usually comes chrome with a filter at the end.

Immeraufdemhund
09-18-2002, 01:11 PM
did you plug up the hoses that were connected to the side of your air box? cause those dont go any were now... and then i found that i have 2 hoses that i didn't reconnect. One seems not to be a vacuum or a blower.. and the other kills my car when i plug it up... 17 and 18 are the hose numbers.. what do they do?

DanG86LX
09-18-2002, 02:40 PM
:werd: :werd: :werd: thread !!! :badass:

Anyway, answering the last post:
#17 is a air bleed line and it takes air from black air box.
#18 in should NOT be plugged to air box! It comes from both "idle opener" and "fast idle unloader" and goes to a thermovalve into intake manifold (firewall side). It should have vacuum with engine warm.
#8 line from airbox goes to intake manifold vacuum port (multiple Ts). This one might kill the engine if not plugged in.
#15 goes to one of the bleed thermo-valves inside air box (some cars don't have this one).
Hope that helps!