PDA

View Full Version : f22 in 87 accord?

ccotm
04-05-2006, 09:45 PM
I have an 87 accord and my friend is upgrading to an h22 in his 96 accord and he is offering me his f22 that is in there for no cost. What would I have to do to swap the engines?

snoopyloopy
04-05-2006, 10:00 PM
custom mounts, convert to obd-ii, custom axles, custom linkage, etc. if you have a dx or lx, you also have to convert to efi. in my opinion, an f22 is not worth the time. not unless you frankenstein it with an h22 or h23 head.

ccotm
04-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Well, I have friends who do that kind of stuff all the time, so I would be getting a good deal to have it all done. I just can't go everywhere with the engine I have. (I live in Hawaii and most of my friends live up the mountain, car can't make it.) I love the car, I actually fit in it....I just need some more power, and the engine is free so I thought I might as well of asked.

snoopyloopy
04-05-2006, 10:19 PM
yeah, but with engine free or not, you're still going to have a hell of a time getting it in. basically, it'll come down to how much time you feel like spending on it. on the plus side, if you have the f22 in, then swapping in an h22 wouldn't be nearly as hard since they use the same mount points and all. oh, what exactly do you plan to accomplish with an engine swap?

white ricer
04-06-2006, 09:09 AM
i think it would be a worth while swap because the f22 is a extremely good motor imo. put the thing in there and do a vtach!!! :edit: my bad i thought he said 96 lude

slow2point0
04-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Ive thought about doing the swap myself because someone offered me a motor and a turbo manifold for free... but really all the work that has to be done to get it in and all... and it doesn't really make much more power than an lxi motor

ccotm
04-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Well, I don't even have the lxi, I have the lx, and it sucks balls. I guess it is good because it doesn't leak at all....but I cant get to places I need to go. These are the times when I want my old v6 93 nissan pickup again....

white ricer
04-06-2006, 09:59 AM
my cousin who i live with has a 92 prelude s with the f22 and i think you would be suprised how torquey that little thing is. the gearing in the accords were shitay, do a tranny swap if it all goes through.

HostileJava
04-06-2006, 10:33 AM
If you really want to do the swap for more power and the engine is free you might as well start with the f22 and then swap an h head or an entire h22 in there later when you have the cash for it. It'll be easy once the f22 is in there.

I'm finding it hard to believe the car can't make it up certian hills unless they are SUPER steep or there is somthing wrong with the car. I had know problem taking my old LX-i hatch up a hill close to where I work. It was over a 45 degree incline and went about 2.5 blocks before leveling off. I see know reason why the car wouldn't have continued to climb either.

voiceinurhead05
04-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Hell, I'd do it. The f22 is compatible with the h22 head, which makes it worthwhile. It may not be much of a power upgrade, but it would be a hell of a lot easier to find performance parts for that engine. Much easier to work with than a damn A-series that no one makes parts for anymore :rant: .

voiceinurhead05
04-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Hell, I'd do it. The f22 is compatible with the h22 head, which makes it worthwhile. It may not be much of a power upgrade, but it would be a hell of a lot easier to find performance parts for that engine. And it's OBD-I not IIMuch easier to work with than a damn A-series that no one makes parts for anymore :rant: .

MuscleMuncherAccord
07-03-2006, 01:25 AM
i have an 86 lxi that im considering doing the same swap on... i have the motor already and am probably gonna do a frankenstine on now that i know that i know it is worth it... would the h22 or the h23 head be a better head to use on the swap(i want the most power possible)

snoopyloopy
07-04-2006, 02:00 PM
i have an 86 lxi that im considering doing the same swap on... i have the motor already and am probably gonna do a frankenstine on now that i know that i know it is worth it... would the h22 or the h23 head be a better head to use on the swap(i want the most power possible)
www.cb7tuner.com would be a better site to get info about the f22. but depends on what you want to do with it. the h22 head has vtec, the h23 head does not. so depends on how much of a vtec fiend you are.

crazykamper
07-04-2006, 02:27 PM
i say do it if you have time, and have a diff car to drive while the 3g is under modding.....

it would be ALOT easier to mod the engine cause of all the aftermarket support.... (as stated many times above) so i say do it!

MessyHonda
07-04-2006, 02:42 PM
yeah thats why im keeping my DX cuz i might have to do some engine mods on the LXI and it might not run so im keeping 2 cars.....insurance will blow

crazykamper
07-04-2006, 02:45 PM
^ just take the insurance off one of them, till its COMPLETELY done.... or obviously, you can have both, just might be expensive as hell.. my dream car, for an 18yo, with good grades cost about 75$per month full coverage. lol. ( or so ive heard!!)

snoopyloopy
07-04-2006, 02:52 PM
actually, insurance is usually cheaper per car when you have multiple cars than it is for just one car by itself. although yeah, there's no point in insuring a car you're not driving.