PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! cant remove tranny filler bolt!!!!

Nospeed
04-06-2006, 08:57 AM
so the filler bolt is pretty much trash by now, no way in can get it off...
how do i fill the tranny without the filler bolt off??? i thought about just tilting the car to one side then taking off an axle...but both are already off, and i would have to do it again!! help!!!

AZmike
04-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Remove the speed sensor or use a chisel on the flange of the fill plug.

Nospeed
04-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Remove the speed sensor or use a chisel on the flange of the fill plug.

speed sensor? where the speedo-cable goes into? its also got 2 plugs for the power steering crap on it. i took that apart earlier, but its got some gear in it that wont come out. im pretty screwed. i talked to a shop earlier to see if they can get it out, but they told me no. so yeah.

B16KILLA
04-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Speedo cable is by the firewall down kinda next to the steering rack. It has two hoses cominout of each side. Or just follow the cable from the driverside firewall to the tranny.

AZmike
04-06-2006, 05:09 PM
It's held into the transmission by one 6 mm bolt. Leave the speedo cable and PS hoses attached. You can lift it up enough to fit a funnel extension into the transmission case.

w261w261
04-06-2006, 05:24 PM
I remember when I first tried to get that filler plug out, and I couldn't do it either cause it was so tore up. I had a shop do it, but later when I couldn't get the oil drain plug out of my Honda bike I went down to Sears and bought a set of these socket-like things that have sharp teeth inside. You find the one that fits over the nut a little (you can pound it on), and the more you rotate it to get it out, the tighter those teeth dig in. I had to use a 2' breaker bar on my bike's plug, but out it came.

The only prob is that the set at sears is pretty expensive. If I recall, it was 40 something dollars. You could always use it and then return it later. Sears is good about that.

Nospeed
04-06-2006, 08:34 PM
holy crap. what a day. we finally got that damn bolt off. my brother just tapped on a 5/8" impact socket, and 2 minutes later he had it off...whereas i had been struggling with it all day. thanks for the suggestions though. im just gonna go and get me a new bolt.

i talked to a shop earlier in the day and they told me that they wouldnt touch it. wierd. thanks again guys.