PDA

View Full Version : New project.

A20A1
04-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Anyone know of a place that makes custom badges... like the LX and HONDA and 2.0 ones on the rear.

I want a 3GEEZ badge but I'm going to place in in the center tail light frame like how the VIGOR and PRELUDE had their names in the taillight, then set up an array of RED or White LED's or a neon to light it along with two layers or plastic, one the diffusing layer and the other the clear plastic just like how are stock light are set up. The diffusing layer will be smoked so it will look dark... I don't want red because it would have to match the red in our stock lights and I don't want to paint red over the clear lenses cause thats just wrong. Anyways this all depends on if I can get a 3geez badge... or maybe hack up badges and construct 3geez using the letters. ( Z28, 3.0 LITER, EX, DODGE, etc. ) probably would look retarded that way :lol:

speedpenguin
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
There is a place, I'll try to find it for you, I saw an ad in an issue of Honda Tuning.

Pico
04-06-2006, 08:11 PM
You can give this one a try
http://youremblem.com/

A20A1
04-06-2006, 09:51 PM
sweet.

HostileJava
04-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Why not just have it engraved in one layer and then light it from both sides with LED's or Cold Cathodes? You could have a peice of clear acrylic or somthing similar engraved with the name, then directly behind it have a peice of black acrylic. Make sure the clear peice is thick enough that you can either drill small dimples in the side of it to fix the LED's in place or drill a channel in the side of it to fix the cold cathodes in place. If you want to get really fancy you could make it look like the name is suspended in air. You'll just need to use 3 layers instead of 2 and space them apart. A black peice or some other solid color to act as a back drop. Then a half inch from that mount the clear peice with the name engraved in it, then a half inch in front of that mount another clear peice. When it lights up, it will look like the name is floating between the two peices. If you use cold cathodes to do this and black out all of the light exept what shines into the acrylic only the letters will light up. If don't black them out the letters will light up along with the rest of the cavity they're in.