PDA

View Full Version : Affordable source for Idle Boost Solenoid/diaphragm??

RamThis
04-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Stopped by the dealer today to get an Idle Boost Solenoid (for in gear boost) and a rebuild kit for the double diaphragm for the In Gear Idle Boost/AC Idle boost and was floored at the prices. The Solenoid was $110 and there was no rebuild kit for the diaphragm, only the whole replacement unit, at $100. WTF??????? This seems WAY too high for a simple vacuum switch and diaphragm assembly. I havent checked at Awful Zone or O'screwme's yet to see if they offer these parts, but wondered if anyone knew of a good source for these parts at a "reasonable" price. I dont expect to get parts for free, but, sheesh, I walked away from the stealership with a bit of a limp and my underwear in my pocket, dont know how bad it would have been if I actually bought the parts from them LOL.

A20A1
04-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Wait do you need the solenoid or the diaphragm. The diaphragm you can get from the full carb rebuild kit, it's the same size diaphragm as the choke puller and accelpump diaphragm I think. I was making hybrid diaphragms once with the 3 bolt diaphragm casings.

You can use other solenoids if you have a space and you should be okay, you just need to wire then up. Maybe you can steal one from the cruise control and use it for the idle boost.

RamThis
04-06-2006, 11:49 PM
I need both parts. I dont want to disable one function to enable another, since this is really the only thing that does not work on the car at this point.

I'm just looking for a place that either sells Honda parts or decent aftermarkets for less than the stealership was trying to rape me for. I felt violated after leaving there today..... :inout:

A20A1
04-07-2006, 06:32 AM
just find one at the junkyard then.