PDA

View Full Version : fast blinkers the easy way

accorddog
04-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Ok what I did is buy two LED bulbs and stick them in the rear turn lights and wow fast blink works alot easyer than changing the relays.

speedpenguin
04-07-2006, 08:02 AM
The easiest way to get fast blinkers is to break one up front, then the corresponding rear one will blink faster! :D
They're too spastic for me, but hey, good job fabbing stuff up on your own.

A18A
04-07-2006, 08:51 AM
or you just take out 1 light to make it blink fast :) or 2 lights 2 make it blink faster :D, or all 3 if you wanna thing that makes a horible noise all the time

i want led bulbs 4 my car, datll b so cool

ghettogeddy
04-07-2006, 08:59 AM
wait wait so to get fast blinkers all u have to do is buy led bulbs if so i want part # and brand for front and back

Mike's89AccordLX
04-07-2006, 09:44 AM
No all you need to do is goto Autozone or Advanced autoparts and get LED bulbs. I would get the brake light/turn signal one if you can. I did this to my prelude and I like it.

The reason I say to do the brake light/ turn signal one is b/c of this; The dual filament bulb that we have from the factory won't last that long if it's blinking really fast. So if you put the led bulb in place of that one you won't have the trouble of burning bulbs quicker.

I don't understand why people try to do modifications to wiring circuits like that when you can just put different bulbs in and have it done with no worries.

-Mike

P.S. you don't need to buy them for the front and the back. B/c once you put a set in they will change the resistance of the turn signal circuit and the fronts and the backs will both blink fast.

And if you do that brake/turn signal light led bulbs then your car will stop quicker too ;)

04-07-2006, 09:52 AM
you dont even need to buy LED bulbs. all u need to do is changed your regular bulbs to smaller bulbs because the energy current will be much faster, making your blinkers go fast. i changed my brake lights to smaller bulbs and it worked fine.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-07-2006, 09:54 AM
But led ones look a lot cooler, will be brighter and will last a lot longer.

ghettogeddy
04-07-2006, 10:05 AM
got ya so any led bulb will do it and any regular bulb that is smaller then the stock bulb

3gn86lxi
04-07-2006, 03:28 PM
I just bought a fast blinker module. It just replaces your factory blinker relay, how come nobody just buys these???

HostileJava
04-07-2006, 03:54 PM
got ya so any led bulb will do it and any regular bulb that is smaller then the stock bulb

They make LED bulbs that are designed to replace your factory lamps. They are the same bulb number but on the packaging they specify that they are LED. When you use these the circuit thinks the bulb is missing because of the reduced current draw and blinks faster. The more bulbs on the blinker circuit that you replace the faster it will blink. I don't suggest replacing the brake lights though with LED bulbs since your cluster brake light warning will be lit all the time, unless that doesn't bother you.

MessyHonda
04-07-2006, 04:13 PM
They make LED bulbs that are designed to replace your factory lamps. They are the same bulb number but on the packaging they specify that they are LED. When you use these the circuit thinks the bulb is missing because of the reduced current draw and blinks faster. The more bulbs on the blinker circuit that you replace the faster it will blink. I don't suggest replacing the brake lights though with LED bulbs since your cluster brake light warning will be lit all the time, unless that doesn't bother you.

good tip...my brake light is always on and i already changed out the burnt light..i think its just a relay thing beacuse it turn on like 75% of the time and sometimes ti does not....do the center lights in the trunk burn out. because they light up but it could have 2...not really sure...

b8er
04-07-2006, 08:12 PM
whats the point of all this, to make your lights blink faster? so if your lights blink faster that makes the rest of the car look like its going super fast too?

HostileJava
04-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Not really sure what the point of it is. I don't like it personally. I had mine like that for a short time and put them back proper.

b8er
04-08-2006, 05:51 AM
yea i havent done this and dont see any point of doing it, sorry guys but i dont like it

speedpenguin
04-08-2006, 06:20 AM
Like I said before, It's spastic. Makes me twitch.:nervous: Like I drank too much coffee or something.