PDA

View Full Version : Honda Tuning Magazine

jigga89SEi
04-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Who sent the letter to HT mag exhaust notes about the 3g?

A20A1
04-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Huh?

What do you mean exhaust notes?
I sent them an email about 3geez years ago, but not exhaust.

Can you give any details?

HostileJava
04-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Who sent the letter to HT mag exhaust notes about the 3g?

Care to elaborate on that so the rest of us know what you are talking about?

:)

Toneloc5145
04-08-2006, 02:03 PM
I think "Exhaust Notes" is a section in Honda Tuning magazine where readers send in letters asking questions about something. Their was probably a letter from somebody asking about a 3g, and Jigga's asking who sent the letter because its probably in this months issue.

BUT this is all probability. I havnt seen the new Honda Tuning so i wouldnt know if my theory was correct.

jigga89SEi
04-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Sorry guys... I fiigured it was all the buzz on the site...
But I will say I'm a littl ashamed to own a 3g cause who-evey this was sounded a little whiny.. I'm scanning the article... I'll be back in a minute...

A20A1
04-08-2006, 02:05 PM
K, thanks :)

Whiney... :(
I think we need to send another letter in and make sure it shows us in a good light.

jigga89SEi
04-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Toneloc is right... BTW where r u at in VA?

Toneloc5145
04-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Im in Fauquier County, NO VA

jigga89SEi
04-08-2006, 02:16 PM
To read the article u'll have to save it then magnify how ever u like... But I don't feel like retyping all that..n I don't know how to use my mother-in-laws photo editing program...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pe9303956c42a26856d6788f36ffb6a62/ef8654f6.jpg

BTW Mike... I plan on sending them a letter to ask pretty much the same question I asked on the ITB forum and to see what they would recommend for mangement... But I need to get a couple more ducks in a row before I send it to them...

A20A1
04-08-2006, 02:38 PM
I can't read that even if I enlarge it... the pixles have already meshed. :(

BTW Mike... I plan on sending them a letter to ask pretty much the same question I asked on the ITB forum and to see what they would recommend for mangement... But I need to get a couple more ducks in a row before I send it to them...
ITB forum?
...or on a different site?

jigga89SEi
04-08-2006, 02:38 PM
not forum... Post... my bad..

How can I make it readable for yall using... Photo Explosion?

A20A1
04-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Anyway to get a larger file? or scan it in at a higher resolution... but even a larger image at 72 dpi with the image measurement in inches closely matching the actual page size is proably better though. You can e-mail it to me at

say the page is 11 inches high you need the image to be 11 inches... but the resolution/dpi can be 72 since thats all we can use on most monitors. It should be about 800 pixles high.

What does it ask you when you scan in the image? or is it a digital photo... a digital photo will probably need you to adjust your camera settings...
if its a camera/phone try taking pictures of segments of the page and post up multiple images.

jigga89SEi
04-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Sent.. Lemme know if I need to rescan it.. It wont be till later though...

A20A1
04-08-2006, 03:03 PM
k

A20A1
04-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Don't say I don't luv you guys :lol:

thanks for scanning and sending me the file :)
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/Wendy_girl/car%20stuffs/ht_mag3.png

3G Jester
04-08-2006, 04:48 PM
thats pretty cool. now if they'll actualy do a story on johnny o instead of an editorial response....

jigga89SEi
04-08-2006, 04:52 PM
So now, lets get down to the nitty gritty... WHO WAS THIS?.. LOL

Cheeseburger
04-08-2006, 05:03 PM
if I'm not mistaking some one made a post about that article...

here it is...

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47243&highlight=boxy+gutless

A20A1
04-08-2006, 05:15 PM
ahaha, watch it's someone from that thread. :)

jigga89SEi
04-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Yup... if u scroll down u'll see it...

I sent honda tuning an e-mail. Here it is.
In your latest issue of the magazine you have an article about a 1993 integra gsr. In the article you discuss how the owner had a 1989 accord before he got the integra. I have a 1988 accord lx-i which is also third generation accord (1986-1989). I found the comment about the accord being "boxy and gutless" to be very offensive, and I don't understand how a magazine that is supposed to support Hondas and acuras can say anything bad about another Honda or acura. I have only been working on my 3gee (third generation accord) for a few months and have gotten a handful of mods done despite the lack of after-market support for my car. I am a member on a website www.3geez.com, and it is dedicated to the 1986-1989 accords. There are guys on there who are running in the 10's in the quarter mile, doing custom turbo projects, and many other major projects and all of the work they are doing is custom because of limited after-market parts. I am very proud of my car and the progress I have made, and the amount of work that I have done in only a few months. I am getting ready to drop in a new engine and give it a new paint job, as well as a few other mods over the winter. My car is nothing compared to the guys that have been working on theirs for years and have thousands of dollars invested into them, but I hope to have a respectable 3gee show car within the next year or two. In future issues I hope that you can do an article on a third generation accord so that you can see what i am talking about, and after i am done my work over the winter I will send you some pictures if you would like me to. Thank you for your time and understanding.
Tom

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Yea that was me, lol. It sounded a lot better at the time but o well, that was months ago. Hopefully that it will get them looking at some 3geez so we can finally get in the mag for a good reason.

A20A1
04-08-2006, 07:22 PM
You did good. :)

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-08-2006, 07:25 PM
My intentions were right, lol. The thing i dont understand is i never said my last name and somehow its on there, can they do that?? and the location is completely wrong.

A20A1
04-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Its so they don't come to your house and egg your grocery getter :)

Lockleaf
04-08-2006, 11:56 PM
I'd say it is boxy, gutless, and uninspirational. That being said, I own two, love them both and plan on spending stupid amounts of money on one. But I liked their response as to how not waiting for the aftermarket and what we do is really the spirit of what that mag represents.

jigga89SEi
04-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Yup... I agree with lockleaf... But my accord will grace there pages when it's done.. .Watch...

Cheeseburger
04-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Yea that was me, lol. It sounded a lot better at the time but o well, that was months ago. Hopefully that it will get them looking at some 3geez so we can finally get in the mag for a good reason.

WOO HOO bro u got us on a magazine lol..:cheers:

Justin86
04-09-2006, 03:53 PM
well this happened last month and many time now, they are calling us out, but time after time no pics are sent it, why? Face it our cars are far from the best, there is a reason why there is no aftermarket. Maybe cause most members on this board don' have the money to have a magazine worthy car, hum.

speedpenguin
04-09-2006, 06:52 PM
If you really think your car merits getting in the mag, then send them pics. They're not going to come to you.
Their standards are not as high as you might think. The requirements are basically that it has to look clean, stick with a theme and have a lot of time and/or money put into it.

fraza
04-10-2006, 03:54 AM
this is the first i have heard fo this article, and i will say that guy is an asshole, the 3g is like the highlight of the 80's and as for gutless, i think the a20 has ALOT of potential to be a dyno master, im hoping to see a 3g in there soon.. show the ricers wot a real honda can do

Legend_master
04-10-2006, 05:51 PM
I just sent them an email with some pics, lets see how this turn out.

Lockleaf
04-10-2006, 10:07 PM
you guys all seem to be ignoring the statement made in the response. He didn't say that the 3G couldn't be cool, he said that stock it was gutless, and unispirational. He didn't say shit about potential. You're getting bent out of shape for stuff the guy didn't even say. Read the damned article. He was referring to it stock. Nothing more. And as for our potential to hit pages, it'll happen eventually. I've got a turbo mag with a 3G civic sedan dragster featured. Best of luck to whoever thinks they've got what it takes.

A18A
04-10-2006, 10:23 PM
^yeah, but still, hope he gets whats comming for him :)

B16KILLA
04-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I think that wickedaccord (jon) should try to get his car in Honda Tuning aswell:) . Now that I think about it ,I cant remember the last time he posted.

speedpenguin
04-11-2006, 07:07 AM
you guys all seem to be ignoring the statement made in the response. He didn't say that the 3G couldn't be cool, he said that stock it was gutless, and unispirational. He didn't say shit about potential. You're getting bent out of shape for stuff the guy didn't even say. Read the damned article. He was referring to it stock. Nothing more. And as for our potential to hit pages, it'll happen eventually. I've got a turbo mag with a 3G civic sedan dragster featured. Best of luck to whoever thinks they've got what it takes.
Yea, we get that, but personally I don't even think so. Would you knock a 1st-gen Accord or Civic for being boxy and gutless? No, (at least I wouldn't). Is it? Yes, compared to cars today, but like the 3rd-gen, they were excellent cars for their time, and should get some respect for that alone. On top of that, power aside, they still handle like every Honda should. I have a stock suspension in mine and the handling is very close to neutral. I've understeered more than I've oversteered. Honestly, even if I never get around to modding it, I'm never getting rid of this car until I lose it to rust or an accident, It's too fun.
Shit, maybe I should write them a letter... :D

thegreatdane
04-11-2006, 09:19 AM
It is boxy when thought of today, but I agree that back in the 80's they were ahead of their time in their class of cars with awesome suspension and driving comfort. And the list is long of clever details.
Gutless? Well yes, the USDM models might have been :D
And I happen to like boxy 3g Accords.

Mars
04-12-2006, 07:17 AM
I love how they say its boxy, and gutless stock,
but they like the old civics? ..................huh??

Civics have a 1.piss engine, and more sharp angles than a bill oreilley confrence.
nothing terribly wrong with that, but sounds kind of like a double standard to me.

diegoaccord
04-12-2006, 07:39 AM
1.piss

haha.

speedpenguin
04-12-2006, 11:56 AM
and more sharp angles than a bill oreilley confrence.

:lol: Can I quote you on that? I'm seriously thinking of sending a letter ppointing that out.

3rdgenhatchDX
04-14-2006, 10:19 AM
I got the mag today, saw it and bout shit myself :D They shouldn't call it a grocery getter. glad somebody posted before me and LiTtLe xOx BitT if your in Ohio why don't we meet up? oh your not in ohio...weird!

Mars
04-14-2006, 10:58 AM
:lol: Can I quote you on that? I'm seriously thinking of sending a letter ppointing that out.
Go for it

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Im from PA, i dont klnow why it says ohio or anything else all i said was my first name, but o well.