PDA

View Full Version : battery relocation complete

fraza
04-10-2006, 02:30 AM
last weekend i relocated my battery to my boot so i got room for my intake /(turbo maybe;) everything worked out great not one hickup, i got one 4ga running into the bay that connects to the main 8ga and starter wire and 2 4ga earths one earth point is on the rite rear strut bolt and the other is on the boot latch, only problem i find is its a bit of a slower start but im assuming thats because its 4ga and there is about half a volt lost in transport.
ill get pics up tomorrow

jay

shepherd79
04-10-2006, 06:56 AM
i would upgrade to bigger wires.
4G is fine if you have it in stock location.
you need to go 2G or 0G.

kaltenacht
04-10-2006, 07:19 AM
yes i agree, I would use 2ga for main, then 4ga for you splits like to your starter or fuse box. That way you wont have to worry about any power loss or restriction problems.

shepherd79
04-10-2006, 08:14 AM
actually, i would use the same gauge wire for the grounds.

bobafett
04-10-2006, 01:00 PM
i just did a relocation as well. i used 0 gauge for the power wire from the trunk to the engine bay, and 0 gauge for my ground (grounded to the frame rail)

i used 4 gauge for my engine to chassis ground, and from my breaker at the engine bay to the starter and to the fuse box. so far it has worked flawlessly. :)

MessyHonda
04-10-2006, 01:31 PM
i just did a relocation as well. i used 0 gauge for the power wire from the trunk to the engine bay, and 0 gauge for my ground (grounded to the frame rail)

i used 4 gauge for my engine to chassis ground, and from my breaker at the engine bay to the starter and to the fuse box. so far it has worked flawlessly. :)

im going to the junkyard soon to pick up a legend alternator...how many ground points are there in the engine bay...i think im going with 2guage

ghettogeddy
04-10-2006, 03:39 PM
so say i have 4awg running to the trunk already all i have to do is hook the one end up to the cable in the front and put the battery in the trunk and ground it

bobafett
04-10-2006, 03:58 PM
messy: my only ground is from the head to the front headlight bucket. in the stock system there was a wire that also went from the transmission to the negative battery cable (i think) and the negative battery cable was grounded to the chassis as well. but in my car i grounded the cable to the frame rail near the back of the car, so my only ground really is the one to the head from the chassis, and as long as its a clean ground, anywhere should work. its worth noting i have every intention of running a couple more grounds just to be safe, but atm i only have the one.

ghettog: basically if you have the battery in the trunk, hook up the wire to where you positive battery terminal USED to go, and ground you negative battery terminal to the chassis somewhere. i can take pics of my setup some time this weekend possibly if it would help.

fraza
04-10-2006, 04:20 PM
yeh i felt that 4ga was way to small aswell, but it seems to work fine, and why fix something when it isnt broken? but if i start putting more stuff in such as a microtech and some ICE then i will go 0ga

ghettogeddy
04-10-2006, 04:29 PM
ya id like to know were a good ground is so some pics would be great im just thinking of this so my stsem will hit a little harder seeing as i can shortin the wire from my battery to cap to amp set up from 20 feet to 2 or less