PDA

View Full Version : My hatch is wrecked!

BITESIZE
04-11-2006, 10:42 AM
I got in a wreck today and my hatch is pretty messed up. Pictures later today. :rocket:

zacritz929
04-11-2006, 10:51 AM
damn that sucks..i was pretty pissed when my rust buccket broke for good ..ill have to see the pics later on.

Legend_master
04-11-2006, 10:57 AM
I got in a wreck today and my hatch is pretty messed up. Pictures later today. :rocket:

Nooo, i was waiting for you to paint that ride. How bad is it? were you able to drive home?

speedpenguin
04-11-2006, 01:12 PM
And another one Bites the dust...
I'm reall sorry to hear that... Your car kicked some serious ass.

lostforawhile
04-11-2006, 01:14 PM
if you can't save it at least donate it's organs to save other little hatchies,sorry about your car,glad you are ok,I hate to see a wrecked hatch. if it was hit in the front got dibbs on the taillights,

Mars
04-11-2006, 01:45 PM
No! man, your car was gorgeous

MessyHonda
04-11-2006, 03:38 PM
pics?...sorry about that...will you get insurance money tho? my uncle got rear ended and they didnt pay him till 2 months later....he got 1800 for mazda turbo

B16KILLA
04-11-2006, 05:26 PM
What do you mean by wrecked, were you hit or did u do the hitting?
Sorry to hear I really liked your car.

BITESIZE
04-11-2006, 05:40 PM
I smashed into a truck with three mexicanos with no insurance. I will fix the front left. The hood, fender, left headlight, left turnsignal are gone. I will need a whole new headlight fixture bucket thing. The front bumper is fine, the front support is fine. the radiator is fine. I tried to vere to the right and hit my front left. :(

speedpenguin
04-11-2006, 05:42 PM
So it's not completely wrecked. That's some good news, I figured it was gone...

lostforawhile
04-11-2006, 05:44 PM
I smashed into a truck with three mexicanos with no insurance. I will fix the front left. The hood, fender, left headlight, left turnsignal are gone. I will need a whole new headlight fixture bucket thing. The front bumper is fine, the front support is fine. the radiator is fine. I tried to vere to the right and hit my front left. :(the good thing about there being so many of these cars in the junkyards is that there are lots of body parts for the front,be glad no one hit you in the back end. the front bumper and hood etc can be interchanged with the sedan.

BITESIZE
04-11-2006, 06:03 PM
I will need to cut out a section and reweld (the headlight housing part that goes to the fender and hold the radiator in. I warmed my car up and the radiator has a small crack in the top very right. I will have that plastic welded. It is a 2 year old radiator. Almost new.

zacritz929
04-11-2006, 06:06 PM
If you cant fix your radiator I have a 1 week old one that ill sell you. Anyways good luck!

I will need to cut out a section and reweld (the headlight housing part that goes to the fender and hold the radiator in. I warmed my car up and the radiator has a small crack in the top very right. I will have that plastic welded. It is a 2 year old radiator. Almost new.

BITESIZE
04-11-2006, 06:08 PM
How much for that radiator?

zacritz929
04-11-2006, 06:10 PM
55 shipped? do you still need my intake manifold?

3G Jester
04-11-2006, 06:11 PM
noooooo. not the red hatchie. i dont like watching them die.

BITESIZE
04-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Ummm...i really don't need the manifold. I'm more into getting my damn car on the road again. My spare engine can wait now. I might go buy a new car this week and finance it. I haven't decided yet....

I'm so sad and bewildered.

Mars
04-11-2006, 06:15 PM
if you junk the hatch, wanna sell your door panels?
(you have black interior right?)

zacritz929
04-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Sorry bout your luck man..... Just LMK if u want the radiator.

lostforawhile
04-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Ummm...i really don't need the manifold. I'm more into getting my damn car on the road again. My spare engine can wait now. I might go buy a new car this week and finance it. I haven't decided yet....
I'm so sad and bewildered.it shouldn't take much to fix that,why not get a front clip from a junkyard,the entire front clip,then anything you have to cut out you will have. it doesn't have to be from a hatch,the front is the same as all the others.

Hash_man_Se_i
04-11-2006, 06:25 PM
dude that sucks to hear... glad that its not that bad though. good luck getting her back on the road

BITESIZE
04-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Well, I got all the mangled stuff cut off and all I need to do is get a left front clip from the radiator to the strut tower and weld it on. Quite an experience I will tell you.

How much will that chunk of metal cost from the salvage yard? And will they cut it off for me?

Nospeed
04-12-2006, 01:34 AM
that sucks man...sorry to hear about it.

c'mon dood...lets see some pics!

lostforawhile
04-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Well, I got all the mangled stuff cut off and all I need to do is get a left front clip from the radiator to the strut tower and weld it on. Quite an experience I will tell you.
How much will that chunk of metal cost from the salvage yard? And will they cut it off for me?
I would call around,it shouldn't be much,they usually just crush that part of the car anyay. they will probably cut it for you ,thats a common part to get for collision repair. if you pull all the stuff like the headlight bucket first and all they have to do is cut metal it should be really cheap.

BITESIZE
04-13-2006, 05:29 PM
I drove my car down the neighborhood and it seems to drive straight. It's hard to tell if the wheels look straight together. Reason it's hard is that part of the fender is all gone and you can see the whole wheel. I need to just get the hood and fender and go hit the freeway and see if it drives straight. If it doesn't I'll take it for an alignment and if they can't get it to correct, I'll say fuck it. If that is the case I will part my whole car out, including my spare rebuilt engine. The spare engine looks mint btw. I'm buying a newer accord next week. I'm going to finance, so I hope my 89 is going to be ok, so i can have just a project car.

Mars
04-13-2006, 07:52 PM
dibs on door panels if you part it.

ICEMAN707
04-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Better to start with a new shell. Then transfer everything that is good from your hatch to the shell. That way, there are no surprises. You know the new body will be straight.

SQ is the SQUAD
04-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Better to start with a new shell. Then transfer everything that is good from your hatch to the shell. That way, there are no surprises. You know the new body will be straight.

what he said

mykwikcoupe
04-14-2006, 04:19 PM
yeah thats what i did and let me tell you it sucks. It took me 8 months to find a suitable donor and it wasnt exactly what I wanted but got tired of looking. It takes forever because youre removing 2 of the same part and installing one. My coupe is just about ready waiting on final choices of which powerplant to put in it for right now. Thinking stock a20a out of the wrecked car.

88Accord-DX
04-18-2006, 09:22 PM
That's a bummer Bitesize, guess you said the hell with project car & part it out. Nice parts you have for sale too. Spent my limit this year on the 3G.

Anyway, lets see some pics of your new car when you get it.

88Accord-DX
04-18-2006, 09:22 PM
D.p.

BITESIZE
04-18-2006, 09:26 PM
I'll post pictures tomorrow. Too bad my rims won't fit on the newer accord!

SQ is the SQUAD
04-18-2006, 10:17 PM
i got rid of my hatch cuz i found a coupe in imnt condition, its always better to buildo n a stronger foundation