PDA

View Full Version : My 2gee collection

denhonda
04-11-2006, 11:18 AM
I've recently found this site and it seems to be the only one that has a forum catering for this age of Accord! Uber-rare cars in the UK it would seem, hardly ever see any others.

I've owned my cars for some years, my 1985 1.8 EX Auto sedan was my first car back in 1995 & inbetween many other cars I adopted my Dads early 2g in 1998. Its a (now restored) 1982 1.6 DX Hondamatic sedan. A few years ago I found an identical car to replace the 1985 one, this time a 1984 example but still with the 12 valve engine.

The 1982 car is the only one of mine on the road and TBH its only brought out on dry days. Its done 89k miles & on its original engine/trans and is in pretty respectable order. Will probably show it in time. The 1985 car had done just short of 150k miles and whilst still a runner, has extensive rust so really beyond repair. Its been stored away since 1999! The 1984 car I bought in 2003 off ebay. It has accident damage to the front end & I have all the parts off the other one to repair it. These are all fitted but it needs the front panel/rad support replaced to make it right. This unfortunately seems to be unavailable aftermarket in the UK and a genuine honda panel is expensive. The car is in running condition but not in use until I decide what to do with it. Its in pretty much outstanding condition for its age with only 38k miles on it!

Anyway thats my input for just now.

speedpenguin
04-11-2006, 12:53 PM
That's really cool! :welcome:
Got any pics to show us?

2ndGenGuy
04-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Yeah badass! Show us some pics! We would love to see them! Even the one thats all rusted away...

I'd love to see the back end with the EX badge, since there was never an EX in the US. :)

denhonda
04-13-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm using a friends PC at the moment whilst my house gets refurbished so no pics ATM. Furthermore I'll have to take some digi pics & work out how to download them! :)