PDA

View Full Version : You Want to Hear a Weird One?

DBMaster
04-13-2006, 01:28 PM
I recently posted about removing and replacing the instrument cluster. Yesterday, when I was driving home on the highway I momentarily let off the gas and then stepped on it. The speedo needle shot up to about 110 and then dropped back down to 70 (my actual speed). It never did that in the 17 years I have had the car and has not been otherwise acting up.

Anyone else ever see that?:wtf:

lostforawhile
04-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I don't think you have the clip completly engaged on the back of the speedo,I've heard of that before,It's mechanical not electronic,even though it has a pulse generator.

DBMaster
04-13-2006, 08:04 PM
I don't think you have the clip completly engaged on the back of the speedo,I've heard of that before,It's mechanical not electronic,even though it has a pulse generator.

That sounds logical, but it is definitely all the way home. I checked just to make sure. Of course, the square cable end might have been in slightly off and popped back in when it did that weird little hiccup last night. It has not done it since. The speedo cable is less than two years old because I replaced it when it started getting too noisy on cold mornings. It was well worth the $35 from Majestic Honda.

AccordEpicenter
04-13-2006, 08:15 PM
thatll happen if your tires are spinning too

MessyHonda
04-13-2006, 08:19 PM
thatll happen if your tires are spinning too

yup last time i was geting out of a parking lot and it was raining and i steped on the gas hard and i started to spin the tires and my speedo jumped to 25mhp when i was going like 15 then it shift to 2nd gear and i got my grip back.

AccordEpicenter
04-13-2006, 08:36 PM
lol like the other day, it was drying up after it rained earlier in the day, but there werent any puddles, but you could see the color of the asphalt was darker meaning itwas still a little wet... anyway i was messing around with the accord and put it in 3rd and got the boost up and it went from 60-90 like zzoooooom, breaking the tires loose in a fury.

DBMaster
04-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Well, I was on dry highway. I only WISH I could get rubber at 70 in fourth gear with an automatic! :)

liftedsilverado
04-26-2006, 08:23 PM
at least yours does something i cant get mine to go past 10mph. but when im at a dead stop and give it gas it jumps to 20 but then goes back to 10mph. and yes when i stop it does read 0 i cant figure it out i dont think the cable is bad and its not making any noise any ideas