PDA

View Full Version : Didnt knwo this about my tranny...

Mars
04-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Found out today i have a prelude tranny...
Im friends with a guy who knows the guy i bought my coupe from,
he told me when he first got it the tranny kicked out (old age etc)
so they went to a jy and got one off a lude.
??? didnt knwo you could do this, is it the same tranny as in our accords or do i have somehting a little beefier?

ill try to find part #s on it in the morning

AccordEpicenter
04-13-2006, 08:14 PM
oh god. http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/Themes/homemadeturbo_v2/images/english/search.gif

edit: ill just tell you, its the same tranny as an 86-89 LXi but with shorter 3rd 4th and 5th gears.

MessyHonda
04-13-2006, 08:22 PM
yeah the 2nd gen preludes had most of out 3 gen accords...thats how honda saves money so they dont have to produce diferent parts when they can do the same one for multiple models... the prelude trans are more sporty they wont give you good gas milege but they are faster

Mars
04-13-2006, 09:42 PM
oh god. http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/Themes/homemadeturbo_v2/images/english/search.gif

But with search, theres no conversation.

smufguy
04-14-2006, 05:55 AM
But with search, theres no conversation.

OKay, the point is. There has been conversions. Lude tranny to the Accord, Integra tranny gears onto the accord. All you have to do is just hit up the search when you want to ask something that you think is new, so that you could be aware that nothing of that sort has been discussed before because if it was, the it will make you look dumb.

PS: Since you are new here and possibly excited about your findings, its okay that you expressed it, but from next time on, hit the search and go thru the current active technical/performance threads to find out whats been going on. Look thru the R&D section that we have under Performance, they help you a lot.

Mars
04-14-2006, 10:16 AM
aight. sorry guys.

A20A1
04-14-2006, 03:36 PM
I think you guys had it backwards... this isn't something you would come on here to search for because he wasn't really asking if the lude tranny fit the accord he was telling us he had a lude tranny.

From posting the initial findings... to then wanting to inquire about part numbers... I think he was trying to help out.

You could have told him... No need to bother dig up part #'s, we already know the lude tranny fits.