PDA

View Full Version : Dying for new interior

TeamAGR
08-23-2002, 01:29 PM
okay I cant stand my brown interior, but I dont like the idea of spray bombin everything. I wanna strip a black interior (dash,carpet) out of the wreckers but I was told it was expensive, BUT and its a real big BUTT, I seen these guys that had dyed there interiors they said, all I know is they were silver and sapphire blue and looked custom as hell. whats the scoop on this stuff?? anyone know of it or how it works etc maybe some downfalls or prices

Mike's89AccordLX
08-23-2002, 01:36 PM
It's way cheaper to dye the interior but that can be a pain to get all of the dye even. If you dye the interior I suggest you buy a new carpet from jc whitney for like $60 and you would use RIT cloth dye to do the job. What did the junk yard quote you on a price for the interior of the car. They told me the entire interior would be $200 including dash, door panels, seats, everything. But I would have had to of taken it out myself. There is where the pain in the ass would be.

TeamAGR
08-23-2002, 03:13 PM
ya a bit since u dont bring all your tools to the yard, the mechanic beside me bought a cheap car and I watched his 13yr old son rip it out and install the new one one saturday so who knows :)

3G Jester
08-24-2002, 08:18 AM
From what ive seen on other cars its really inexpensive to do a brand new carpet--i forget who had it--but someone around here (3geez.com) ordered a new carpet offline----brand new for like 120 bucks or som,thing nice and cheep---it was a like a factory type part--looked perfect as hell---and there wouldnt e any wear spots if you were to get just another old one from a junk yard. i sugest you lok around and try to find it.......they could probly help you the best.

DBMaster
08-24-2002, 10:59 AM
This is one of the links posted by someone here a while back.

http://www.accmats.com/main.html

They have carpet in quite a few styles and colors.

I know what you mean about the brown (Honda calls mine red, but it looks pretty brown to me). On the positive side it remains quite new looking through the years. It's pretty tough to find one of the factory tan interiors that still looks good (I think all the nice ones are already on this board - wink).

My old car had black carpet and dash with white vinly seats. It look VERY nice and stayed that way because vinly cleans easily. It was just not all that comfortable on hot days, even with my arctic A/C system.

TeamAGR
08-24-2002, 07:36 PM
ya thats real similar to what I want, white inserts and seats. maybe have some embroidery in them for that real customized look