PDA

View Full Version : custom mounting bodykits

TeamAGR
08-23-2002, 01:36 PM
there are no kits for these 3rd gens but I seen some with custom fitted kits that look absolutly sick, what I wanna know is which car are these kits meant for?? new accords like 94+ or what cuz from lookin at them I dont see how a civic is as wide as a 3rd gen cord, who wknows what the deal is, cuz I'd go out tomorrow and buy a kit that wasnt made for my car if I knew which one would suit up properly and than I'd just mangle it on there or send it off to the bodyshop for installation.so which kits suit up best??!!??

Mike's89AccordLX
08-23-2002, 01:38 PM
There is so body kits for our 3G's try www.nopi.com they have some in there online catalog. They have fiberglass and urethan too.

2Fast_Fiero
08-23-2002, 01:52 PM
Well, I'm wondering the same thing, what cars body kit could be easily customized to fit our car, I heard someone say he's gonna buy the Black Widow body kit but he didn't say for what car, and I know they don't make a Black Widow for our car, Unless he paid a hellacious price to let them use his car to make one for our car, but all the body kits except for the Xenon Body Kit looks shitty, I think I would like to have a Black Widow Body kit on my car, I've allways loved it, and Plus, that would make me have to make a Dual exaust system for the 3G accord to fit the Black Widow body kit, I'm gonna email Ground Designs 2000 and ask them what mesurements do I have to take to know which kit suits me the best.

Twisted 87lxi
08-24-2002, 02:39 AM
Actually a LLLLOOOOOONNNNNGGG time ago before I ever signed up as a member on the EZboard I was reading a thread on how when our cars were still really popular back in the early 90's, how there was actually a Black Widow Kit. I don't mean to sound like I'm talking out of my ass but I vaguely remember it, I'm glad you brought it up, is there anyone else here who remembers that and could give any more info on the subject??

2Fast_Fiero
08-24-2002, 02:46 AM
I'd love that, the Black Widow kit has allways been my fav, and since its square and the car is square, I figure it would go well together. I want to make my car a show/race car, I changed my mind about all the high tech high performance shit.

shepherd79
08-24-2002, 04:29 AM
try emailing to place that makes black widow kits. i am sure they still have the mold if they were making them for our cars.

theBeline
08-25-2002, 05:33 PM
has anybody noticed how the question hasn't been answerd? So what freakin kits will fit with some work? Kits for what cars, come on people, help a brother out!!

Neuspeed87lx
08-25-2002, 05:56 PM
one of my friends has a 3g with a body kit from the 4g accord ..it looks absolutly sick!

Twisted 87lxi
08-25-2002, 07:10 PM
.......well let me put it this way, anything will fit w/ enough money....

2Fast_Fiero
08-25-2002, 11:07 PM
Good one, he and I want to know what kits will work with less money, so far GD2000 says the 90-93 Teg kit will work

Lockleaf
08-26-2002, 12:43 AM
I know that 4G accords might be harder than some others. The car is narrower and longer than ours. The rear fender on the bumper is shorter on the 4G as well. That means that instead of just having to cut and cover, the shop will have to shape and add. That means more money. I don't believe that the 4G is the cheapest way to go. Later Lockleaf

A20A1
08-26-2002, 12:49 AM
I just stuck a kit off a supra onto my car in my sig pic... but it's always easier to photoshop first and see what it could look like then spend money and do it in real life.

Zwaag
08-26-2002, 04:32 AM
hey MSI- did you say that Ground designs told you that the Integra will work. Cause if so, thanks for the info. I'm the one who said he was going to put the BW kit on my car. I was going to use the 4g accord but I hadn't done any measuring. This will save me alot of time and money. There's a company in a ad in Import Tuner this month who has the full BW body kit for $399.99

shepherd79
08-26-2002, 04:42 AM
90-91 integra kit should work with little mods. i was measuring my friends car when she had it and it was like 1" of or something like that. but i was going to a lip.

89AccordHatch
11-19-2002, 12:24 AM
when people say..."90-91 integra kit" or "4G kit" thats all well and good...but what company makes the kit that fits both those cars and ours..I guess what my question is..is....if there was 5 body kits, all from different makers that fit the "90-91 integra", could i just pick one and stick it on my car? if we assumed it fit?

military mase
11-21-2002, 05:09 PM
DAMN ....SOMEONE ELSE IS GETTING A BW KIT. I GOT MINE FORM GROUNDDESIGNS2000. IT SHOULD BE AT MY DOOR BY NEXT TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY. I CAN'T WAIT TO MOUNT IT. HEY "Z" IF YOU GET YOURS DONE I'D LIKE TO SEE HOW IT TURNS OUT....THKS!

dXsquared
11-21-2002, 05:28 PM
btw... the kit is for a 4th gen.

Travis

uneek
11-24-2002, 08:32 PM
Ok quick question.....Does the 1990 Accord Kits fit ok...(meaning not lot of hard work)? Im a student with not alot of money and I want to put a kit on my 3g.

luvmy89LXi
12-02-2002, 03:40 PM
Yo, I'm a student too (college junior, which means no mom to nag me about "wasting" money on my car :-) I've found the best way to put a body kit on a 3g is to make it. side skirts are easy to make out of fiberglass, and so is a front fender lip, you can use your current bumper as a partial mold. It's what I did to my '86 accord DX HB before I sold it and bought my '89 LXi.

AccordEpicenter
12-02-2002, 05:00 PM
Yeah thats what im working on now too, making my own. How do you make decent looking sideskirts? Thats the problem i havent figured out yet

whiteboy
12-02-2002, 08:46 PM
they have universal sideskirts on ebay for like 60 bucks, some kinda rubber or something, trimable to any size, look em up

so better fit is off what an integra, 88-91 lude, or 4g accord ?

Jordan

NXRacer
12-12-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by TeamAGR
there are no kits for these 3rd gens but I seen some with custom fitted kits that look absolutly sick, what I wanna know is which car are these kits meant for?? new accords like 94+ or what cuz from lookin at them I dont see how a civic is as wide as a 3rd gen cord, who wknows what the deal is, cuz I'd go out tomorrow and buy a kit that wasnt made for my car if I knew which one would suit up properly and than I'd just mangle it on there or send it off to the bodyshop for installation.so which kits suit up best??!!??

I was at a friends house who happend to have a Wings West Front bumper for a 99 Civic. I got a bright idea and decided to see how far off it was. Much to my suprize and delight, it fit about as perfectly as you can expect. The only real problem was that the way its made it won't let the headlights retract down, but thats fixed by a couple simple cuts on the body kit and PRESTO, you have a hella nice body kit for your car. The cool thing is that its poly so you dont have to worry about cracking and stuff. I've gotten so many looks while driving my car around. I have pics that i'll hopefully get put up on the site.

A20A1
04-10-2004, 10:21 PM
KauaiSoljah, you should post pics of you ride... what kit do you plan on getting?

HostileJava
04-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Damn man, talk about digging them up from the dead.

blazin3gen
04-11-2004, 10:39 PM
lol mikes always diggin up old crap ahaha