PDA

View Full Version : cooling

honda
04-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Here's an unusual question: will coolant or hot coolant turn your hands purple? I got some on my hands and when i washed them, i had purple stains on my hands!!

A20A1
04-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Not sure... but if you burnt your hand maybe. How long was it exposed to coolant?

Is it just a stain or does it look like a bruise?

honda
04-15-2006, 12:33 PM
it's a stain. it washed off eventually. but i've never seen a stain like that before. coolant was probably on for an hour or two maybe before washing.

speedpenguin
04-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Eee... That stuff is really toxic. Don't wait that long to wash your hands next time.

honda
04-16-2006, 01:50 AM
i rinsed them but washed them later. But will it turn your hands purple?

mkymonkey
04-16-2006, 04:23 AM
no you have a bad case of malaria lol

thats the funniest thing ive ever heard

Baveara
04-16-2006, 05:44 AM
i've had all kinds of coolants and oils on my hands over the years and never had them turnmy hands any color but could be your soap or hand cleaner. i have had transmisson oil eat off a sunburn, and it hurt like a mother.

MessyHonda
04-16-2006, 07:25 AM
thats why is always good to use gloves...i learned the hard way when i was changing my oil...i did not let it cool down and when i pull the plug hot oil comes out and it burned like a mo-fo...now i use gloves because if something hot spils you can take it off and throw it away.

honda
04-16-2006, 09:25 AM
well my hands didn't turn any color until i washed them with soap. They were normal colored, i washed them with soap, and then I saw a purple stain where it looks I had gotten coolant on my hands.

what dyes do they use in coolant? does anyone know specifically?

MessyHonda
04-16-2006, 10:08 AM
well my hands didn't turn any color until i washed them with soap. They were normal colored, i washed them with soap, and then I saw a purple stain where it looks I had gotten coolant on my hands.
what dyes do they use in coolant? does anyone know specifically?

now that you said that...you could of made some chemicals change colors...lets do a science project...get more of that coolent then mix some soap that you used and see if it changes color.