PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filler Tube

Whistler225
04-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Has anyone had the recall on the fuel filler tube done recently? Mine has obviously not been done, and I was wondering if the recall is still valid. Every time I fill up, I have trouble getting my gas cap off because the seat spins freely in the end of the tube. It also tends to come out of the tube when I pull the pump nozzle out....

shepherd79
04-15-2006, 08:20 PM
my tube is rusted around the cap.
i was going to call a dealer but i don't want them working on it. I think to fix the recall you have to let them do all the work.
I just went to junk yard and got filler pipe from 88-89 accord and i also got plastic that will cover it for $25.

MessyHonda
04-15-2006, 09:14 PM
i was going to call a dealer but i don't want them working on it. I think to fix the recall you have to let them do all the work.
I just went to junk yard and got filler pipe from 88-89 accord and i also got plastic that will cover it for $25.

dont they do it for free? i had my car since it had 12 miles on the odo, my mom did not care of it so when they had the seatbelt recall she did not go....now that i have it i went and they said that they would check my seatbelts but i didnt ask if i had to pay. i want them to change them since they retract slow and sometimes get cought on the door jam and it sucks

Whistler225
04-15-2006, 09:15 PM

I haven't really looked at it yet....is it tough to remove? You said you got plastic to cover it....you mean cover the outside of the pipe, or the cap seat?