PDA

View Full Version : finally fixed that stupid alternater

A18A
04-15-2006, 10:56 PM
well i thought i would buy another socket to try undo the alternater, and surprisingly it came undone :D it sounded like i split the socket, like i done with most other tools but it came undone :D so i got my other alternator in, seems to be running good now :) but i still got a couple problems (i think). when i first got t he car the catylitic converter light was always on, now i done the alt it doesnt come on any more :S i reckon its a good thing, but still wanna know why even though there not needed in NZ :). another problem is when i start the car when it's cold it runs very very rough, heaps of blue smoke, when it warms up it was running fine, but then it putted out, so i started it again, 20 seconds later i hear a bang (not all that loud though) and a big cloud of black smoke came outta the exhaust, i let the car cool down and about a hour later i started it and it started fine, been running fine since. basicly, what could of caused a black cloud of smoke but car running fine, and why has my cat light gone out? TIA :) sorry for you reading all this.

PS: im half asleep when i wrote this, please bare with me