PDA

View Full Version : port and polish

sinisterfuzzy
04-16-2006, 11:45 AM
i was just wondering how many of you have done a port and polish. and how much performance do you get out of doing this?

A20A1
04-16-2006, 12:57 PM
If you do it right you can make good power... do it wrong and you lose power.

b8er
04-16-2006, 02:40 PM
that pretty much sums it up

rjudgey
04-17-2006, 05:22 AM
It's a minefield out there engine builders who reckon they can port and polish a head should be best avoided as what they should be saying is flowing a head and improving effiency of air flow, porting and polishing actually decreases the heads effiency and will result in poor powerband and poor air and fuel mixing.
Best thing to do is have a search on some of the posts that i have done and do some research and buy some books on head work for 4 pots from different people get a few as you'll be surprised that they can be quite different ideas from each other and you can combine all their ideas to suit you.
One thing that is a must with headwork, is bigger valves, 5 angle seats, radiused is possible or at least at a bare minimum of 3 angle seats, the rest is just improving the surface of the ports and then reshaping of the valve guide ends and the ramps that they sit on, and then also the flowing and finishing of the combustion chambers. The later 2 are the more tricky parts and what cost the most in money to do apart from having custom valves made.

A20A1
04-17-2006, 10:11 AM
You can also check out grapeape racing.

Accordtheory
04-17-2006, 06:51 PM
I you learn from endyn, you're learning from the best..

..FI 'rollerwaves' in my accord..

'A20A3'
04-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Any parts you need for the head....>>www.paeco.com