PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard Guide Pin

speedpenguin
04-16-2006, 05:05 PM
So my dashboard is almost all the way out of the car but I can't up and pull it out yet.
There is supposed to be a couple bolts where the dashboard guide pin is located, which is coincidentally behind the clock that refuses to come out. I have all the other crap out, although it would also be nice to know how to remove the combination switch on the steering column.
Any suggestions?

lostforawhile
04-16-2006, 06:38 PM
clock has to come out,sorry bolt is hidden back there,it's probably going to break into a bunch of pieces. sproing!!! have to pry the metal trim away from the clock, :huh:

speedpenguin
04-16-2006, 06:42 PM
The metal trim is already out. The clock itself won't come out. I pull on it and it barely moves, like sonething is holding onto it from behind, like a wire.
Is there anything that needs to be disconnected in order for it to come out that I might have missed? :help:

sunderland
04-16-2006, 06:50 PM
The metal trim is already out. The clock itself won't come out. I pull on it and it barely moves, like sonething is holding onto it from behind, like a wire.
Is there anything that needs to be disconnected in order for it to come out that I might have missed? :help:
There are two Phillips screws, one on the left and one on the right side, that hold the clock in position. Then just disconnect the small wiring harness and it's out.

lostforawhile
04-16-2006, 06:55 PM
If I remember correctly there are a couple of screws on the side of the clock assembly,once these are out you just have to yank it out. there is enough wire to pull it out of the dash,it's just in there tight. there is a plastic basket behind it that attaches to the back side of the dash,this is what the two screws attach to.I couldn't ever find one that worked,so i got rid of mine a long time ago,

speedpenguin
04-16-2006, 07:03 PM
I got the screws out already too. Guess I just gotta yank. It's hard for my fingers to get a good grip. Sigh...
Thanks a lot! :cheers:

lostforawhile
04-16-2006, 07:06 PM
put somethingaround it to catch all the loose pieces,that plastic is brittle as crap after baking in the sun for 20 years,it's just tight in there. usually the front comes off and the buttons fall out. I solved this problem after 4 bad clocks wih a sledge hammer and putting in gauges there.

speedpenguin
04-17-2006, 10:23 AM
I got the clock out and ran into a new problem:
I can't fit the dash over the combination switch on the steering coloumn. The stalks get in the way. :help:
how do I take this thing off, I can't figure it out.

FORFREE
04-17-2006, 11:16 AM
http://3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41956

speedpenguin
04-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Sweet. I can't believe I missed that.