PDA

View Full Version : wireine 3 12' pioneer premere dvc subs to 3 pioneer amps help!!!!

SQ is the SQUAD
08-23-2002, 03:35 PM
ok, heres the dela, i got 3 12" pioneer premiere dvc subs at 500/1000 watts each. i also got 3 pioneer 760w amps. i was gonna run 1 amp to one sub each and turn the amps down. i was wondering what is the best way to wire the dvc subs bridged to the amp so i can get some hard hitting bass. i got a 12 sealed box

here are the specs on the subs
- 12" Premier VCCS PRO Component Subwoofer
- Nickel Coated Foamed IMPP (Injection Molded Polypropylene) Rigilite™ Composite Cone Woofer
- Aluminum Insert for Increased Cone Rigidity
- Dual-Layer Urethane Surround
- Direct Bobbin Mounted VCCS
- Conex Damper with Damper Ring
- Lead Wires Integrated into Damper for High Reliability and Improved Power Transfer
- Projected Pole Yoke with Vented Pole
- High-Energy Ferrite Magnet with Bumped Back Plate
- Low-Q Design for use in Small Sealed Box (1.0 cubic foot recommended)
- Dual Voice Coil Design for Increased System Flexibility
- 1000 Watts Max Music Power
- 500 Watts Nominal Power Handling
- Frequency Response: 15-2,000Hz
- Sensitivity: 89dB
- 2Ohm or 8Ohm Rated

and here the specs on the amp
FEATURES:
- PWM Regulated MOSFET Power Supply
- Bridgeable 1/2/3 Channel Capability
- Balanced Isolator Input Circuit
- Oversized Screw-Type Power/Ground Terminals
- Screw-Type Speaker Terminals
- RCA Inputs
- Hi-Volt Input Level Control (200mV-6.5V)
- Selectable Crossover: 80Hz, -12dB/oct. (LPF)
SPECIFICATIONS:
- Continuous Power (14.4V): 125Wx2 (4W), 190Wx2 (2W), 380Wx1 (4W)
- Max Power (14.4V): 250Wx2 (4W), 760Wx1 (4W)
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 50kHz (0,-1dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.008% (1kHz, 4W)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100dB (IHF-A)
- Dimensions: 11" x 2-5/16" x 12-3/4"

Vanilla Sky
08-23-2002, 05:57 PM
wire in the coils in series to the amp, making it 2 ohms... this is assuming it's two ohm capable with one output

Derick

SQ is the SQUAD
08-23-2002, 06:58 PM
you are speaking spanish to me, please explain to me what you are saying

pimp86LX
08-23-2002, 07:03 PM
el alambre en los rollos en la serie al amp, hacerle 2 ohmios... esto asume es dos ohmio capaz con una salida

now thats speaking spanish to you

just search for how-to's and car audio for beginners on the net and you will find a ton of shit about how to properly hook that shit up

Vanilla Sky
08-23-2002, 07:21 PM
it's all in the how to

Derick

shepherd79
08-23-2002, 07:28 PM
ok here is the diagrams http://www.jbl.com/car/SubwooferWiring/sub_wiring_diagram.asp
does the amp support 2Ohm load when bridged?
according to what you gave us, it only supports 4ohms when bridged. check with your manual. don't run 2ohms in bridged mode unless your amp can support that or you will overhead and smoke it.
about the subs, i am assuming that they are 4ohms per coil so it is dual 4ohm sub. am right?
you can run one amp for each sub at 4 ohms load. it should hit hard enough. 125W per coil times 2 = 250 per sub. times 2 subs = 500W of pure bass. i just make sure you have gain set right or say good bye to the subs.

89accordlxi
08-23-2002, 10:58 PM
Well, if you have 1 amp for each sub then just wire one coil to each channel per amp. That would be total of 250W per sub, 750W total. That would be more than enough to rattle some rust off the car. : )
That is how I would do it. And yes, be careful not to have your gains set to high. With 3 subs at 750W, you should be able to get plenty of base without having to crank up the gain. Good luck.
peace..

87AccordsterLx
08-24-2002, 12:06 AM
damn thats going to sound nice... I just installed my new h/u alpine cda-7893 with a fosgate punch amp powering two 6x9's on the rear deck (in the middle of the stock 6's) and a Interfire 400x2w amp powering 2 600w pioneer IMPP 12's.... I love it... but for sure you are going to have more then enough bass... post again once you get the install done...

catalin
08-24-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 89accordlxi
Well, if you have 1 amp for each sub then just wire one coil to each channel per amp. That would be total of 250W per sub, 750W total. That would be more than enough to rattle some rust off the car. : )
That is how I would do it. And yes, be careful not to have your gains set to high. With 3 subs at 750W, you should be able to get plenty of base without having to crank up the gain. Good luck.
peace..

It has to be done in the way explained above. Also if the subs are all in one box sharing air space it's important to adjust the gains on the amps the same.
If you want to get more bass out of the subs go with a 'd' class amp or an amp that is capable of running 2ohms mono (bridged).

SQ is the SQUAD
08-24-2002, 03:11 PM
the box has seperate chambers, well i am gonna try the wireing that is on the diagram first to see how it sound only because my sealed box only has outputs for one sub per chamber since its dvc the speaker has two different outputs and i cannot run both wires form the box chanber output, i may have to add an extra output per chamber

POS carb
08-25-2002, 02:29 PM
that ain't spanish, it looks more like Altavista :flip:

umm if your amp doesn't say "1 ohm stable" or lower then you should swap the DVC woofers for some single VC ones

pimp86LX
08-25-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by POS carb
that ain't spanish, it looks more like Altavista :flip:

umm if your amp doesn't say "1 ohm stable" or lower then you should swap the DVC woofers for some single VC ones

lol damn right man, I'm from freakin' igloo country i speak french man!! lol and even thats pretty half-assed

86LX-ihatch
08-26-2002, 08:05 PM
I don't suggest running each coil to a channel of the amplifer. If the amplifier does not put out exactly the same power on each channel. which it probably doesnt, you have a good chance of locking a speaker up. Unfortunately there is no correct way to hook up the system with what you have. The amps are not supposed to be run at 2ohm mono and the only choices you have with the subs are running them 2ohm or 8ohm depending on how you wire up the voice coils. If they are new see if you can trade them back where you got them for single voice coils. If not I would sell the three amps (Pioneer amplifiers are grossly overrated) and buy one .5 ohm stable amplifier.

SQ is the SQUAD
08-27-2002, 03:35 AM
ill have to see about that, pioneer was my theme, i was trying to build an all pioneer sysyem

86LX-ihatch
08-27-2002, 06:34 AM
Im not downing your stuff or anything. Going with a theme is cool but Pioneers amplifiers are unfortunately not very good. They work fine but are WAY overrated. Good luck with your setup. If you want all pioneer look into getting single voice coil subs like I said earlier.