PDA

View Full Version : Weber carb swap

84 Ol'Accord
04-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi,
I am new to the forum but am very impressed!!
I bought a 84 accord 1800 last month for $300. Every things works good but the choke keeps stickin. After looking over the site i decided to do the weber 32/36 swap. And found an adapter for it on ebay for $30. But i haven't seen a how-to on it and wondered if anyone could walk me through it and i wanna also change the fuel pump, filter and increase the fuel line size. SOrry for the long post but anything would help.

PhydeauX
04-20-2006, 06:52 AM
There is no reason to change the fuel pump or up the fuel line size with the 32/36 carb, they'll both be fine. It's a fairly easy swap. When installing the carb make sure that the 32mm barrel is closer to the motor. Other then that the only things you "have" to hook up on the carb are the fuel line and vacuum advance and 12v switched power to the choke breaker if you have an electric choke. You'll probably want to also hook up the vacuum line for the hvac system (if you have the vacuum actuated system) else your vents will only work on defrost. You'll problaby want to put a T fitting in brake booster line for this. Its probably a good idea to have a manual handy when you do this to refer to the vacuum and wiring diagrams. As for the rest of the vacuum system, that can pretty much be removed since the weber will not provide vacuum taps for it nor will it have any of the feed back systems. There is a much more detailed how to on doing this somewhere. The 2g process is pretty much the same as the 3g. Also be forwarned, this swap isn't emissions legal if your state does visual inspections then you'll most likely fail.

andy

A20A1
04-20-2006, 09:52 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38161

84 Ol'Accord
04-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the info. How is the performance gain? Is it really noticable?

sinisterfuzzy
05-02-2006, 01:58 PM
when i swap my Weber 38 in will i see some good gains?