PDA

View Full Version : Parking Lights not working???

RobT5580
08-23-2002, 05:02 PM
Ok yesterday i did a bunch of stuff and cant find the problem but i think when my new exhaust was welded on it messed up a switch or relay somewhere. On the other hand i just installed my head light H4 conversion and have been working on my system with the trunk all apart and running cables forward......Has anyone had a problem like this. The headlights work and so does the brake lights but my parking lights and cluster lights are out and the fuse keeps blowing....Im leaning towards the welding because the parking light were fine when i installed the H4s....I checked all wiring and anywhere i worked and came up with nothing.....

ACCORD EX
08-24-2002, 04:20 AM
if the fuse keep blowing don't use it till you find the problem or you can mess your fuse box !

MIKE

smufguy
08-24-2002, 04:54 AM
if your fuse keeps blowing up, its a short in your wiring. was that a custom wiring u did?

when on the car i had a fog light set up, the fuest kept blowing all the friggin time, it turned out i miswired the switch. its just soem miswiring.

catalin
08-24-2002, 11:24 AM
How about a deck?? did you just put one in too?

RobT5580
08-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Um im thinking a relay or switch blew. I was and do electrical work so this is not new to me except for being a car but today i removed the alarm and still same thing. But i check all the wiring and tested the parking light leads and they have like 5 wires testing positive to ground which means a short and for that to be just a broked wire leaves me leaning towards a blown relay or switch. And im very sure that its from the welding because everything else checks out fine nor did i disturb that wiring. When i go home sunday evening i will get out the service manual and find the location and switch the parts out with my other accord to verify the problem.....thanks for the suggestions guys i was just hoping someone else had the same problem......

catalin
08-24-2002, 05:00 PM
Well if the last thing you did was welding and then the lights blew then that must have something to do with it. But if you installed an alarm and then welded then it'smost likely the alarm.

POS carb
08-24-2002, 08:31 PM
I had a similar problem turned out the body shop guys were screwing around with something around the bumper and shorted the bumper light to the bumper

RobT5580
08-25-2002, 07:39 AM
The alarm has been in for months and that is the only thing i can think of so when i get home i will look at my service book and start from there. thanks again for the help

flamed89
08-25-2002, 11:44 AM
a girl i used to work with had the same problem. turned out it was the turn signal switch.chech that out too!she had an87 accord

SiR
08-25-2002, 01:01 PM
This problem seems very common, as this also happen to me and a few other in the last couple of months.

Rooz

RobT5580
08-27-2002, 06:15 AM
AccordSir, what was you fix to the problem. The thing is its only the parking lights the signals work as do the head lights. I have not really worked on it other that checking the wiring. I will look at it later this week and maybe check the relays and switch with my other accord.....

SiR
08-27-2002, 10:00 AM
My problem was a blown fuse (14A) under the dash. If that seems fine, check this post out:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3249

Rooz

RobT5580
08-27-2002, 08:19 PM
Thanks i have a feeling it maybe the stereo wire because i was working on that the same day the exhaust was done so its a possibility and yes the fuse keeps blowing......

catalin
08-27-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by RobT5580
Thanks i have a feeling it maybe the stereo wire because i was working on that the same day the exhaust was done so its a possibility and yes the fuse keeps blowing......

What I was getting to with my first post is that your red/black dimmer wire behind the deck is most likely shorted out to ground or you may have mistook it for a ground and hooked it up to the deck or something else.

SiR
08-29-2002, 08:35 AM
Mine just seemed blown, i put a second one, that lasted for 5 min., i tried for the third time, and seems to last even to this day, over a month ago. Hope it stays the same.

Rooz

RobT5580
08-29-2002, 08:57 AM
Mine was the stereo illumination wire so it works fine now. I dont know why i never covered it but i didnt. My fuse would blow as soon as i turned the parking lights on. thanks for the help it saved me a ton of time. Accord Sir it could still be you illumination wire it you have not checked that because it could be only hitting ground at certain times. Mine was grounded out the whole time so thats why it popped every time i turned it on....

SiR
08-29-2002, 08:24 PM
It might be, but for now, it still works. So now it spends more time on the road then in the garage.

Rooz