PDA

View Full Version : Jdm Side Boulevard Lights

3gmodifier
04-19-2006, 05:18 PM
ok, i just got my jdm side boulevard lights and i need to find out how to make them work like they do in japan. you see, i can just wire them to a switch to turn on but thats no fun. the way they are suppose to work is they are suppose to turn on when you turn to steer. when you turn left, the left light turns on to illuminate ware you are going aand when you turn right, the same. i have looked at honda tech and a few other places and cant find any info on how to make them work like that. i am assuming that a switch device goes some ware on the steering shaft or something to detect a left or right turn. does any one know any thing about this. please help.

guaynabo89
04-19-2006, 05:30 PM
I use to have a 88 maxima that had lights like that but they only came on when you put the turning signal on

ghettogeddy
04-19-2006, 05:31 PM
i would just plug them into the turn signals because on most cars i see them only manly caddys & lincolns they only come on when u ingage a turn signal

Whistler225
04-19-2006, 06:22 PM
this is probably going to be wrong, so forgive me if it is. I know very little about how power steering works.

If power steering uses electrical circuits to actuate cylindrical pressure through the lines to the steering box, could you not figure out which wires feed the specific directions, and wire the lights off those? The only thing you might want to take into consideration is that the lights will add resistance to the circuit, so it might require a larger fuse so your steering won't be effected....again, I have no idea if the steering works this way, but it seems logical to me....

lostforawhile
04-29-2006, 09:25 PM
could you post pics of the lights? and where did you get them? I know how to make them work,but i'm not sure where they go. you need to use magnetic switches on the actual rotating colum itself. they have to be triggered only when you turn the wheel so many degrees. if not,every time you make a slight steering correction,they would come on. if you install magnets in the back of the wheel itself, then install magnetic reed switches behind the plastic shroud,these would serve as your trigger,you should have to turn the wheel about a quarter of a turn. you need a timer unit for each direction,so once you turn the wheel a certain number of degrees in eithier direction,that,light will turn on for say, however long it takes to make a slow turn. if you want to get really sophisticated a center reed switch would tell the system the wheel had returned to center and cancel the timer.