PDA

View Full Version : Drivers side speakers dont work

Coitis1
08-23-2002, 06:22 PM
I'm assuming its a loose connection but i wouldn't know where to start. Anyways, is there anyway it could be a fuse thats out? i don't think there is but i really don't know. Oh yeah, anyone know where i would look for this loose connection if thats the problem?

shepherd79
08-23-2002, 07:31 PM
well one think that pops to my mind right now is that connection on the speaker itself loose. take the speaker out and check. if it is not the problem check the connection at the radio.
this is all i have for now.

86LX-ihatch
08-26-2002, 08:12 PM
When it just plain doesn't work it is usually a blown speaker and rarely a blown channel on the unit. If you are lucky and the speaker is unhooked be thankful. There are no fuses or anything like that on the speakers, and RARELY is there a short in speaker wire.

Coitis1
08-27-2002, 06:01 PM
well i know the speaker in the driver door isn't the problem cause i've swapped speakers from the other door and it didn't work, but the the one in the back is fudged up. the little metal piece on the end of the wire that connects to the speaker came off and won't go back on, so that might be the problem there. I've been meaning to fix that rear speaker thing for a couple months but never remember. oh well...

zip7
08-31-2002, 10:31 PM
well, it time to get a tester and check the speaker wires.

POS carb
09-01-2002, 12:30 AM
Just use a battery.
Apply + to the + and - to the -, the cone should move out (if it goes in your polarity is wrong). If not try it directly to the speaker. If it still doesn't work get a new speaker. If it works now check for bad connection and/or short circuit.