PDA

View Full Version : Painting Interior parts

tay_ang
04-20-2006, 03:49 PM
I recently painted the the interior of my car everything went good other then the arm rests in my car when it is sunny out they get sticky and sometimes a little bit of the paint comes off .
Is there a quik fix for this or do i have to take them out, sand them and repaint them again.
Thanx

mkymonkey
04-20-2006, 04:01 PM
uh...pics? and please dont tell me u used regular paint? youre supposed to use that fusion stuff.

tay_ang
04-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Yes i did use the right paint, and it was the fusion stuff. Every thing else turned out perfect if i can get a cam i will take pics

only the arm wrests get sticky

ghettogeddy
04-20-2006, 07:01 PM
thats wierd cause the arm rest dont geta hole lot of light but u may want to pull them a try a sand and respray just to see if it happens again and im with monkey id like to see some pics

MessyHonda
04-20-2006, 07:02 PM
well i sanded all my plastic down with 400 grit sandpaper just to smoth down any scratches and stuff. then i used a plastic promoter that took 40 mins to flash dry and then i hit it with duplicolor paint that is for vinyl and plastic. so far i could tell that i did not spray it right so i will spray it and take some pics

HondaBoy
04-21-2006, 08:19 PM
i've found that Krylon Fusion does not do well on soft plastic, rubber, or vinal. i had the same problem. as you said, everything else comes out great. i'd say try and match the color you did with some vinal/fabric paint. i'd recommend Duplicolor Vinal/Fabric dye that you can buy at most auto parts stores unless you want to go and spend $20+ a can of that expensive stuff they sell in magazines. using the adhesion promoter works great too if you wanna use the fusion.