PDA

View Full Version : Its Been Two Years And I Still Cant Get My Windows To Work!!

myaccord7
04-20-2006, 04:22 PM
I Have An 89 Accord Lx. 4doors. Two Summers Ago My Power Windows Stopped Working, All 4 Of Them. None Of Them Do Anything. Ive Checked All The Window Fuses, Under The Dash And In The Engine Bay, All Of Those Are Fine. I Had A Parts Car With Working Windows So I Tried Using Some Of Those Parts, The Master Window Switches, The Power Window Box Thats In The Drivers Door..... Ive Checked For Lose and Broken Wires In The Door. I Think They Stopped Working When I Was Removing Some Things In The Engine Bay, On The Drivers Side Wheel Well. Would Any Thing On Ther Cause My Windows Not To Work?? Also, Does Anyone Have A Wire Diagram For The Windows? Or Know What Color Wires Do What? Ive Fixed About Everything That Was Wrong With My Car But These Damn Windows!! Can Anyone Help>??? Please!!!

Zach

Nospeed
04-20-2006, 05:03 PM
sounds like the same problem i'm having. i cant find diagrams anywhere either.

EricW
04-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Sounds like you have a loose ground. I would start by checking the one from the main switch in the drivers door.

edit: I would also check the relay under the hood and to make sure there is power coming from each fuse in the fuse box under the hood.

myaccord7
04-20-2006, 06:41 PM
well, i thought of the ground being bad. i noticed the power locks are connected to the same ground wire that my windows use, and my locks work on all the doors, i also tried the reley from my parts car i had, which those windows worked, and nothing happened. ???????

zach

Nospeed
04-20-2006, 06:54 PM
relay??? i cant find crap on my car!!!

3G Jester
04-20-2006, 07:07 PM
try puitting in another ground. cant go wrong with a new ground. just dont ground out the wrong wire.

EricW
04-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Wiring problems are really hard for others to help with unless its some thing specific. Their more of a get the wiring diagram and break out the multimeter and have fun you self until you find some thing that's not giving the right reading. Then its easier for others to help.

If you have the downloaded shop manual it has the wiring diagram for the windows (page 25-30), to help you pin point your problem.

myaccord7
04-20-2006, 07:22 PM
were do i download the manual? is it the one on pauls site?

zach

A18A
04-20-2006, 07:26 PM
just browsing thru pauls shop manual, i <3 that so much, i think this is a diagram:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/dbfb4ff7.jpg

Nospeed
04-20-2006, 08:22 PM
so do you think this would work for the 2 door as well? all of pauls manuals are for 4 doors...ill do some checking and see what i can find out tomorow.

A18A
04-20-2006, 09:23 PM
i doubt they will work on a 2door, i doubt they will work on my car either being rhd :(

88Accord-DX
04-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Multimeter & wire taps are your best friend with that wiring diagram.

Edit- wire tap= T pin (shaped like a T & is basically a needle)

w261w261
04-21-2006, 01:30 AM
since all the windows are not working, unless all 4 of the fuses are blown, you might have the main window relay not working. try unplugging it and cleaning the contacts, or getting another from the yard. Or check for voltage coming out of one of the fuses if the fuse isn't blown. If the voltage is there, then the relay is good. The key needs to be turned on to do this.

mkymonkey
04-21-2006, 01:55 AM
might be a stupid question but have you tried feeding the motors straight power? i know i had a similar problem with my altima. so i checked every fuse and everything swapped out my master switches as well as the rest of the switches for each door. changed the main relay, changed some wiring and it still didnt work. finally i got a 12v battery (my drill is actually 12v) tapped some wires to it and fed power to the drivers side window. it turns out that i had a short in my motor and it wasnt working. i dont know how much different 00 altimas are from 89 accords but because one motor was not working, the series in the wiring would not feed power to the rest.

or did you just swap the motor from the parts car as well?

SteveDX89
04-21-2006, 02:58 AM
might be a stupid question but have you tried feeding the motors straight power? i know i had a similar problem with my altima. so i checked every fuse and everything swapped out my master switches as well as the rest of the switches for each door. changed the main relay, changed some wiring and it still didnt work. finally i got a 12v battery (my drill is actually 12v) tapped some wires to it and fed power to the drivers side window. it turns out that i had a short in my motor and it wasnt working. i dont know how much different 00 altimas are from 89 accords but because one motor was not working, the series in the wiring would not feed power to the rest.

or did you just swap the motor from the parts car as well?

I'm pretty sure they get power in series. When I was installing mine, I noticed the passenger window wouldn't work unless the driver side motor was plugged in. I was going to suggest the same thing you did. Apply direct power and see if the motors are working first.

myaccord7
04-21-2006, 03:10 AM
i'll try that later today. thanks. as for the releys, how many are there for the windows? just one under the hood, right?

zach

myaccord7
04-21-2006, 03:15 AM
also, like i said before, is there anything on the drivers side wheel well in the engine bay that would cause this?

zach

myaccord7
04-21-2006, 06:01 PM
i love you guys! :) :) i got it to work. the white/yellow power wire was not sending power to the door.

zach

w261w261
04-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Great! But what was the problem? Why wasn't the white/yellow wire hot?

mkymonkey
04-21-2006, 07:14 PM
was it not plugged in?

myaccord7
04-22-2006, 02:20 AM
i havnt found that yet. im not sure why its not sending any power, but when i hook 12v up to the white and yellow wire everything works. its a huge step in the right direction.

zach