PDA

View Full Version : Whats needed for B18 Vtec swap

MugenAccord86
04-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Hey guys. im about to have a b18 vtec and 5 speed swapped into my 1986 Honda Accord LX-i hatchback. its right now sitting as a BT 2.0 SOHC 4 speed Automatic and its gonna be swapped out for the other engine and tranny. i know the main components, but what else is needed . need some tech help over here. just want to make sure the job is gonna be as perfect as it can possibly be

ghettogeddy
04-20-2006, 08:23 PM
its all pritty much custum and also before u get flamed real bad theres a search featre on this board that is really helpful

bobafett
04-20-2006, 09:56 PM
youre either paying a shop a LOT of money and they arent gonna finish it right, or they are good fabricators. OR your doing it yourself and you are still gonna have to fab up a lot of stuff, but it will cost a lot less, and there is answers for everything you could imagine on this forum.

check out the how to's, or better yet, since your in FL, go find our buddy juan (oss) and chat with him, he has a super clean b16 in his 3g. :)

good luck, sounds like your going to need it.

ps. welcome to the board. you get +1 cause your first post is about performance at least, instead of body kit bs. :D and another +1 cause this thread is in exactly the right spot! hehe