PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while....pics

TeKKnoTeKK
08-23-2002, 06:46 PM
These pics are pretty shitty quality and it was kinda getting dark, I will take some better ones tomorrow :D
http://members.fortunecity.com/tekknotekk/accord/car.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/tekknotekk/accord/car2.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/tekknotekk/accord/car3.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/tekknotekk/accord/car4.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/tekknotekk/accord/car5.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/tekknotekk/accord/car6.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/tekknotekk/accord/car7.jpg

A20A1
08-23-2002, 07:11 PM
love dem rims... and the muffler (what kind is it?)

Jims 86LXI HB
08-23-2002, 07:12 PM
Lookin good, love the rims. Those rear drums are crying to be replaced with disk's:stick: :D

TeKKnoTeKK
08-23-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
love dem rims... and the muffler (what kind is it?)

That is a magnaflow stainless steel.....4" tip, I worried it was gonna look ricey but it actually makes the car look pretty tough IMO.

Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
Lookin good, love the rims. Those rear drums are crying to be replaced with disk's

Definetly....Someday I will end up doing that. These pics don't really do her justice....oh well I guess lol. Let's hear some more feedback, bad and good :D Thanks for the compliments.

88LXiHB
08-23-2002, 07:36 PM
Nice rims, how does it ride with no sidewall?? :D. You should paint your mouldings, that would set off your car.

Gregs89AccordLxi
08-24-2002, 12:03 AM
Dude your car is lookin good, are those clear corner parking lights??? :eek: they look good, did you make them yourself? :stick:

Mike89Accordcom
08-24-2002, 01:46 AM
Yeah very nice. Been a while since I seen your ride. It's tight dude.

2Fast_Fiero
08-24-2002, 01:56 AM
Hey, aren't those my MR7's??? LOL Jp Nice Car Man, I Lub It, how low is it?

<Edit> Not dissin you or what you do, but isn't that sub box kinda.........SMALL??? Or is mine kinda BIG? It takes atleast 2 people to put my Custom box with 2 Pioneer 12's in my trunk, I think I have a picture somewhere of it, ohh well I'll take one, but for the size of my box, its still to small if you calculate it right, but so far its soo loud it disturbs the people a mile down the road, I'll take pics of the system, and see if any of you want my Pioneer and RF Amps, and the 2 Boston Acustics speakers in my rear headboard, cus I'm redoing my whole system with Pioneer everything, Once I get the money that is.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-24-2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Gregs89AccordLxi
Dude your car is lookin good, are those clear corner parking lights??? :eek: they look good, did you make them yourself? :stick:

Yes I did make them....with the help of markmdz89hatch, thanks a lot for helpin' me out on that by the way.

Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
Hey, aren't those my MR7's??? LOL Jp Nice Car Man, I Lub It, how low is it?

<Edit> Not dissin you or what you do, but isn't that sub box kinda.........SMALL??? Or is mine kinda BIG? It takes atleast 2 people to put my Custom box with 2 Pioneer 12's in my trunk, I think I have a picture somewhere of it, ohh well I'll take one, but for the size of my box, its still to small if you calculate it right, but so far its soo loud it disturbs the people a mile down the road, I'll take pics of the system, and see if any of you want my Pioneer and RF Amps, and the 2 Boston Acustics speakers in my rear headboard, cus I'm redoing my whole system with Pioneer everything, Once I get the money that is.

Yes they are MR7's actually :D I've had them for about 6 months...The car is supposed to be lowered 2 and a half inches on sprints but it doesn't seem like it to me. I want it about an inch lower so I am going to be getting some coilovers soon. And yes, I know the box is way too small, doesn't sound near as good as it should. I plan on making a new one sometime soon. Even with as small as it is that shit is heavy as hell, considering the speakers are 21 lbs a piece lol. The car is a work in progress but it will get there someday

Mantis88LX
08-24-2002, 08:04 AM
your car is sweet man, i saw a pic before but it wasnt very clear, thats why i was asking you if you would post new pics. looks really good, is that a 4th gen spoiler?
sweet. keep up the good work man

TeKKnoTeKK
08-25-2002, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Mantis88LX
your car is sweet man, i saw a pic before but it wasnt very clear, thats why i was asking you if you would post new pics. looks really good, is that a 4th gen spoiler?
sweet. keep up the good work man

Thanks bro....but I still have a lot of work to do :D Lot of ideas in the works. I am not sure what spoiler that is, I have been looking for another one like it and can't see one on any other honda's. It is an OEM honda spoiler tho, that's for sure. I would like to get a picture from the side....I didn't really get a good angle, I will after I lower it more :D

ACCORD EX
08-25-2002, 05:09 AM
i LUV the rims ! :D

MIKE

89accordlxi
08-25-2002, 07:54 AM
Cars looking good. Can you explain how you made the clear side turn signals?
How is your acceleration? I ask because those are the rims that I was going to get, but was turned of by the weight. I believe they are like 24lbs for 17s and 27lbs for the 18s. Or are you not concerned about that??..

Keep up the good work.
peace..

2Fast_Fiero
08-25-2002, 12:22 PM
Those are one of the nicecest rims around, the MR7's and the MR8's are very nice rims by Motegi Racing, One day I got soo bored I scaned the M emblem from my Motegi center cap off my Gun Metal MR7's, and I made a 3D M Logo on Rhino 3D/ZModeler/3DSM4.2 and Got a few renders, I sent them to Motegi Racing and they used my renderings for wall papers, and they used my 3D logo for thier screen saver and web site, its cooler then hell.

2Fast_Fiero
08-25-2002, 12:28 PM
Ohh and, I should send you the structral drawings of my box, my X boss said he designed it, but I have one 12" Pioneer in it right now, and even tho the box is still to small, I get the cops called on me every time I turn on the radio, I'm running a Sanyo BASS X CD Receiver, Crunch USA 400W amp, Pioneer 200W amp, 2 Pioneer 6 1/2" Speakers in the front, Boston Acustics 6 1/2" speakers in the rear, one Pioneer 12" sub and I've blow away every sound system in new mexico with it, I've hurt the car too with it, turning the bass all the way up on a loud song it starts expanding the rear end of the car, and at one of the competitions my back window just came off, thats how powerful it was just because of that box, Its impresive for one 12, but I wanted to put another 12 Clamshelled on it so I can get clearer bass, I don't realy want it any louder because its allready too loud, I just want more clarity, so in the future I'm gonna replace everything with New Pioneer equipment. After the mods tho lol

2Fast_Fiero
08-25-2002, 12:30 PM
Ohh yea, don't forget if your gonna go all out, get lots of dynomat and rubber molding spray for your trunk, your gonna need it cus our trunks arent well secured.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-25-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by 89accordlxi
Cars looking good. Can you explain how you made the clear side turn signals?
How is your acceleration? I ask because those are the rims that I was going to get, but was turned of by the weight. I believe they are like 24lbs for 17s and 27lbs for the 18s. Or are you not concerned about that??..

Keep up the good work.
peace..

Thanks....I know Mark plans on doing a how to for it, he is the one that told me how. Acceleration could be worse I guess, lets put it this way. With the rims, after I put on my CAI and exhaust it put acceleration about back to where it was before the rims :D But I'm not that worried about my car being real fast just yet, I'm more concerned about making it look good first. Thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming :beer:

89AccordNate
08-25-2002, 02:58 PM
I still cant bring myself to liking 18" rims on our cars for some reason. I think its because our cars are so boxy and then you add HUGE rims and they look totally out of place. Car looks good tho, paint the moldings :)

Nate.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-25-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by TeKKnoTeKK

Thanks....I know Mark plans on doing a how to for it, he is the one that told me how. Acceleration could be worse I guess, lets put it this way. With the rims, after I put on my CAI and exhaust it put acceleration about back to where it was before the rims :D But I'm not that worried about my car being real fast just yet, I'm more concerned about making it look good first. Thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming :beer:

Well,......having rims that are heavy or certainly heavier than what the stock wheels weighed, isn't just about acceleration. It also effects how the car feels, willingness to change direction ect. It's all about not increasing or reduceing your un-sprung weight.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-25-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
I still cant bring myself to liking 18" rims on our cars for some reason. I think its because our cars are so boxy and then you add HUGE rims and they look totally out of place. Car looks good tho, paint the moldings :)

Nate.

Yeah I know what you mean...but 18's look huge no matter what car it is lol. I think once I get it lower and get them tucking they will look a lot better than they already do.

That is true Jim, but I guess that's the price you pay to look good :) Someday I will probably sell them, but it was always one of my dreams to be rollin' on 18's....now I have fulfilled it :D I think I will make the decision on whether to keep them or not after I paint it.

jigga225
08-25-2002, 06:48 PM
Hey man those feet look good on the ride.
Make sure when u take pics next time to get a 3/4 view I mean where its kinda like the first one you posted, but with more of the side view, so we can see both sides.
Sheet I know what you mean... Man you ridin on 18s and not many other people can say that.

Keep choppin.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-25-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by TeKKnoTeKK

Yeah I know what you mean...but 18's look huge no matter what car it is lol. I think once I get it lower and get them tucking they will look a lot better than they already do.

That is true Jim, but I guess that's the price you pay to look good :) Someday I will probably sell them, but it was always one of my dreams to be rollin' on 18's....now I have fulfilled it :D I think I will make the decision on whether to keep them or not after I paint it.

Oh I just wanted to make sure you knew All the good things about less weight in your rims. I just wanted you to know, that's all. Keep your 18's, wouldn't like to see a man sell his dream, keep it real:super:

inflikti0n
08-26-2002, 12:07 AM
damn nice ride tekk.. post some pics when you get it lowered :)

:bandit:

inflikti0n
08-26-2002, 12:07 AM
er lowered even more?

Red88Hatch
08-26-2002, 12:24 AM
dude, that markmdz89hatch guy never helped me on those parking lights!!!!!!! i asked him like 10 times.....and he never responded to it, i think he was just using me to get to my black interior.... :mad: :rolleyes:

when you have time could you help me and the good people of amber city fix the lame ness of the orange......or just tell me the secrets :D

Btw, your car is coming along very nicely, its been my dream to roll on 18's since i knew what rims were.....and those my friend, are my favorite style of rims too :bow:
Once you get the paint, and lower it more.....you should concider painting your tails red, clearing them, or smoking them...that would make it phatty then....also what about front shots of your car? i havnt seen any.....am i blind? :cool:

TeKKnoTeKK
08-26-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Red88Hatch
dude, that markmdz89hatch guy never helped me on those parking lights!!!!!!! i asked him like 10 times.....and he never responded to it, i think he was just using me to get to my black interior.... :mad: :rolleyes:

when you have time could you help me and the good people of amber city fix the lame ness of the orange......or just tell me the secrets :D

Btw, your car is coming along very nicely, its been my dream to roll on 18's since i knew what rims were.....and those my friend, are my favorite style of rims too :bow:
Once you get the paint, and lower it more.....you should concider painting your tails red, clearing them, or smoking them...that would make it phatty then....also what about front shots of your car? i havnt seen any.....am i blind? :cool:

Well I know he plans on making a how to for it and I agreed that I would not give the information out before he did that, sorry man. I am sure that he will put the how to up soon. I definetly plan on doing something with the tails, not sure what yet tho. I would like to do the same thing with the tails I did with the corners and just make the orange clear like Yasu did. The reason there are not front shots of my car is because it's kind of messed up, I have some work to do on it :D

Red88Hatch
08-26-2002, 03:37 PM
you cock blockers :pissed: why doesnt anyone want to share info on making my car look good? i thought this was a place to tell people how to make shit happen, not with-hold info on something as simple as that
THIS IS BULL SHIT :banghead: :mad: :burn:

TeKKnoTeKK
08-26-2002, 06:05 PM
Calm down bro....This board is about sharing ideas and helping people out, and Mark is going to put up a how to, you just need to be patient. It would be a lot better in a how to anyway because there would be pictures to show you what is going on.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-26-2002, 06:41 PM
DAMM!! DUDE!! I CANT SEE THE PICS!!! CAUSE U R HOSTING THEM ON FORTUNE CITY!!!!! ME SAD :mad:

Jims 86LXI HB
08-26-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Red88Hatch
you cock blockers :pissed: why doesnt anyone want to share info on making my car look good? i thought this was a place to tell people how to make shit happen, not with-hold info on something as simple as that
THIS IS BULL SHIT :banghead: :mad: :burn:

I have noticed that certain things are easy to do.
1. Post pics of a much desired mode and ignor everyone's request for info. Not nice:rolleyes:
2. Post pics of a much desired mode and cave in to a flood of request's for info, only to realize your not really able to tell the story of how to, or you realize that how you did it is a real pain in the ass and no one is going to be happy with your how to anyways, either way your screwed.

So that being said, creating a how to isn't easy, you have to be able to tell a story in a way that's easy to understand and follow. Plus if you add pics, you pics need to help out as well, and lets face it, not everyone has a camera lying around to use anyway's.

Here's an example of my how to for 86-87 front bumber turn signal clears.
www.picturetrail.com/jims86lxih/865918

Sometimes we make promises that are real hard to live up to, I dunno.

Defiant[YD]
08-27-2002, 06:12 PM
man, the front parking lights aren't the hard part, it's making the damn clear tail signal lights that are hard. i can't seem to find the right tool to cut the amber out properly. and i can't afford to screw up since the junkyards here don't have our cars there. heh, guess it says how good our cars are i guess.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-27-2002, 08:05 PM
yeah I wanna do the tails also but I'm afraid of the same thing, it wouldn't be cheap if you made a mistake lol.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-27-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Defiant[YD]
man, the front parking lights aren't the hard part, it's making the damn clear tail signal lights that are hard. i can't seem to find the right tool to cut the amber out properly. and i can't afford to screw up since the junkyards here don't have our cars there. heh, guess it says how good our cars are i guess.

Come'on now you own a 88-89 car, it's a little different for the 86-87 cars. The housing were not designed for a flush mount lens, you have to modify them. The original lens is dome shaped, if you don't figure out a way to compensate for that the flat lens will sink into the bumpers, so the whole housing has to be brought out. 88-89 front bumper lenes are easy, making 86-87 lenes look right and have build quality, ain't so easy. Even then yes tail's are harder by a long shot:werd: