PDA

View Full Version : headers?

loko84hb
04-21-2006, 12:33 PM
ok i know the 2g went through sum changes between 83-85...so i just wanna be clear about this...when did the engine "upgrade" happen for the 2g? and will these headers fit?

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/PAC701053.htm

2ndGenGuy
04-21-2006, 01:24 PM
The car change happened in 84. So basically the 82 and 83 were one car and the 84 and 85 were almost a different car. I doubt that they will fit, but I really don't know a whole lot about how the exhaust ports are layed out. Just going off of what that site says.

Ichiban
04-22-2006, 11:03 PM
76-83 accords had the E-series engines, which had a counterflow head, meaning the exhaust comes out the rear of the engine under the intake. 84 and up had crossflow heads where the exhaust comes out the front, so no, the headers won't fit.

loko84hb
04-24-2006, 05:02 AM
thanks guys

PhydeauX
04-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Just a fyi that header in the picture doesn't look like the header for the early 2g motors (not that most online companise are known for posting pictures of the actual product, those are problaby b16 headers). The early 2gs sold in the US all had cvcc heads which had 2 siamesed exhaust ports, so the "header" is more of a Y pipe. The good news is a 3g header will fit the later 2g motors no problem. Well there is a slight problem, the down tubes get rather close to the subframe, but if they are too close you can just "adjust" the shape of the subframe a bit with a hammer. The exhaust braket mounts are also not in quite the right place, but any exhaust shop can take car of that.

andy

loko84hb
04-25-2006, 04:05 AM
beautiful news...i love u phydeaux :cheers:

85manw/a plan
10-20-2006, 08:56 AM
so any g3 headers will work on a g2 I been looking for some headers???

2ndGenGuy
10-20-2006, 12:18 PM
I bought a set of the DC Sports headers. They will bolt onto the ES2 engine just fine. I don't know if they will match up back to the cat yet or not. I'm still waiting on gaskets from the Honda dealer. they look like they'll bolt right up though. I heard of some clearance issues on the front crossmember. If the engine mounts are the same for the 84-85 as they are on the 86-89 on the front, I don't see why the crossmember would get in the way...

PhydeauX
10-20-2006, 07:09 PM
The engine mounts on the front of the 2g are not the same as the mounts on the 3g. The holes that bolt the bracket to the block are, which is why the 3g motor fits, but with the 2g mounts attached to it. The front subframe and mount are diferent. On mine (pacesetter) the flange that joins the 2 halves of the header together is at the same level as the seam that runs around the crossmember. It fit, but there was less then an inch of clearance between the header and the seam. I had to hammer it down else the header would bump it when it flexed in its mounts.

andy

Boltgunner
01-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Pacesetter P/N 70-1250 header fits my 84 ES2 engine. Ordered them through Summit Racing Parts. The fit at the crossmember is tight but manageable. The two steel emission-related tubes that run from the header back up to the upper side of the engine will not reach - I had to mod my Accord tubes to reach. Hope this helps!