PDA

View Full Version : K Series?

l3aLLa
04-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Im sure someone has asked this question, but has anyone tried or though about putting a K Series in? I want to do something no one has done :). And I have the time and money. And lots of buddies from the machine shop. My friends dad is selling a k20A Type-R with 24K Miles. Has tranny with it harness and all that mumbo. How pain in the ass do you think it would be? Is it even possible. If I have to settle on an H22 Swap I will but I just thought about somethin someone aint got, and im a person willing to put money into the project.

mkymonkey
04-21-2006, 08:31 PM
it will definetly be a pain in the ass. i think the engine is too tall to fit in the engine bay but you say you have all the money and the time...so it wouldnt hurt to try. plus money talks in life...and pics of it when youre done in this forum :D

people said that the h22 couldnt be done but hey...there already a member with one in his 3g. so try it anyway

snoopyloopy
04-21-2006, 10:18 PM
it MIGHT fit, but as monkey said, might be a bit tall. almost certainly have to get a custom hood with a k20, and a must with a k24. but the swap has been done in an 87 civic, so a 3g shouldn't be that much more uncommon of a recipient. just needs someone with an urge to throw money at such a project.

gfrg88
04-21-2006, 10:39 PM
do it!!!! :D

now that the h22 has been seen in this car, people are starting to say the k engines are not able to fit our cars just like they said about the h series.

MessyHonda
04-21-2006, 10:41 PM
yeah man do it and maybe....if i have money i can get that OLD A20 engine off your hands and put it in my car since i need Fuel Injection cuz Carb sucks...remember i asked of it first...thanks... I BELIEVE IN YOU...lol

mkymonkey
04-21-2006, 11:10 PM
lol a custom hood would look funny if it has a freaking 4 inch lift in the center just to make up for the head of the engine. lol maybe a hump like the eclipses have would look "OK".

thats it someone do a ps of this! :D

stat1K
04-22-2006, 12:17 AM
haha he's askin for the "old a20" cus he needs fuel injected... how bout cus his sig says it has 35k on it that's probably much better than 200k huh? i think the k20 would be sweet but it would be a lot of work... a lot. go for it man don't pussy out like me and my b series dreams!

speedpenguin
04-22-2006, 04:06 AM
yeah man do it and maybe....if i have money i can get that OLD A20 engine off your hands and put it in my car since i need Fuel Injection cuz Carb sucks...remember i asked of it first...thanks... I BELIEVE IN YOU...lol
You don't need to swap engines to get PGM-Fi. Read up some more :)

bobafett
04-22-2006, 07:26 AM
the engine swap only gets you the easy parts that u can pick up yourself at the jy. the harder stuff is all the fuel lines and pumps and tank and wiring. :( manifold and injectors are EASY to come by. heh

crazykamper
05-10-2006, 07:54 PM
go for it!! that would be soo crazy!! my buddy is thinkin k series into his crx... imagine it in a 3g coupe.... mmmm

MessyHonda
05-10-2006, 08:04 PM
You don't need to swap engines to get PGM-Fi. Read up some more :)

yeah i knoe but look at the miles on that engine...it would be a sin not to put in back on a 3gee engine bay