PDA

View Full Version : chassis question

Hazwan
04-23-2006, 01:23 AM
I dunno if I should post this here or not, but here goes..
My 1g has been in an accident 8 months ago, my brother in law hydroplanned and ended up in the ditch, at around 100km/h.. yeah hes an idiot driving that fast (130kmh actually) in a heavy rain!

so the front subframe, left lower control arm, tie rod, steering box and shock tower are bent. managed to bend the rear left control arm as well. not to mention 2 bent rims (left side)

replaced all parts except the shock tower is left like that, because... the mechanic didn't notice it was moved back a bit:wtf: the result is, left tire is inward a bit compared to the right

the mechanic managed to 'patch up' the damage by adjusting the radius rod because of the front subframe and crossmember are moved a bit. right now the car drives straight, no pulling, no vibration, no strange noises, nothing. it drives like what it used to, but what bothers me is I know the car isn't perfect anymore and I want to get it fixed correctly!

so my question is, is the subframe mounting point are adjustable? do you think my frame is bent as well? I noticed that my hood and fenders misaligned a bit.

my silly ms paint drawing to illustrate what I mean:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/ullyeus/accord/aa.jpg

like what I said, the car drives straight, no problems at all now after 8 months, but still it bothers me! I want to know if this really fixable or not