PDA

View Full Version : Will A 90-93 Accord Front End Fit On A 88-89 Accord

liftedsilverado
04-23-2006, 08:48 PM
IM WANTING TO PUT A 90'S ACCORD FRONT END ON (HOOD FENDERS BUMPER LIGHTS GRILL) MY 88 HONDA ACCORD WILL THIS WORK AND IF NOT HOW COME.

ASLO IF ANYBODY HAS ANY FREE PARTS THEY WANT TO GET RID OF LIKE STRUTS OR WHAT EVER THAT LIVE IN OR CLOSE TO OREGON LET ME KNOW :cheers:

ghettogeddy
04-23-2006, 08:50 PM
its been done but theres alot of cutting and welding and its really not worth it plus the flip ups are what make the 3ge a 3ge

3gn86lxi
04-23-2006, 09:08 PM
IM WANTING TO PUT A 90'S ACCORD FRONT END ON (HOOD FENDERS BUMPER LIGHTS GRILL) MY 88 HONDA ACCORD WILL THIS WORK AND IF NOT HOW COME.
ASLO IF ANYBODY HAS ANY FREE PARTS THEY WANT TO GET RID OF LIKE STRUTS OR WHAT EVER THAT LIVE IN OR CLOSE TO OREGON LET ME KNOW :cheers:
There is this little thing called a "search". Try it.:)

gfrg88
04-23-2006, 09:14 PM
CLICK ME (http://www.3geez.com/forum/search.php) that should answer A LOT of questions you have about anything :cheers:

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-24-2006, 03:31 AM
It will cost just as much to convert you 3g to a 90-93 as it would to go out and buy one. This question has been asked plenty of times before so just search and im sure you will find something about it.

Ace
04-24-2006, 04:04 AM
Personally I prefer the 3ge front end to the 4th gen I am buying a 4th gen and will really miss my pop ups Maybe a possible front end swap for me ??? LOL

HostileJava
04-24-2006, 04:44 AM

Please do not type in all caps. It is considered the same thing as yelling and is very annoying to read. Use the search function and check the stickies at the top of the section you are posting in before you ask somthing that may have already been answered. If you really want the 4g front end just go out and buy a 4g, not only will save you money on the front end swap but you'll get a car that an h22 will drop into alot easier.

Mike89Accordcom
04-24-2006, 04:08 PM
This has been something that's been sought after to do by many 3G owners. I as well love the styling of the 4th Gen Accords. Takes a lot of custom work. Really not worth it, but if you can do it, why not.

MessyHonda
04-24-2006, 07:03 PM
do an engine swap insted that will give you better performance than some 4g front end

reanimator420
05-10-2006, 05:30 AM
i wonder if 4gers would try a 3rdg flip swap lol

Bones
05-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Why not just get a JDM (or EDM maybe?) 3g front end instead? MOSTLY straight bolt on conversion.

I think ya might have to cut/weld something to the radiator core support area to mount the fixed headlight assembly, but still less custom work than modifying both fenders, doors, the hood (bonnet), grill, and bumper.

Sorta like thegreatdane's 87 2.0i-16
http://home.tiscali.dk/uplort/Forum/kagemonster-small.jpg

bullard123
05-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Personally I prefer the 3ge front end to the 4th gen I am buying a 4th gen and will really miss my pop ups Maybe a possible front end swap for me ??? LOL
Wow I like that. Thats tight.

reanimator420
05-11-2006, 06:11 PM
yeah it is, but i really would like projector type lights. wonder if i can fix my lights open and sorta shave them in smooth to look like pj lights

2drSE-i
05-12-2006, 08:58 AM
just read the sig sir, and you will realize why you wudnt wanna do this

LiTtLe xOx BitT
05-12-2006, 04:34 PM
If the only reason you want to do a whole front end swap is because of the head lights or because there are more parts out for it, then just go buy a 90-93 accord. The fact that there isn't a lot of parts made for these cars, its the only generation accord to have pop-up headlights, and that they are unique is the reason a lot of us like the cars so much. Almost anything you do to the car will be custom which means the more creative you are the better of a car you will have. If you want a car that has a lot of direct bolt-on parts made then get a 4g or a civic, if you want to be unique and have a car that isn't exactly the same as someone elses then keep the 3g and start doing some custom work.

A18A
05-13-2006, 04:57 AM
Why not just get a JDM (or EDM maybe?) 3g front end instead? MOSTLY straight bolt on conversion.
I think ya might have to cut/weld something to the radiator core support area to mount the fixed headlight assembly, but still less custom work than modifying both fenders, doors, the hood (bonnet), grill, and bumper.
Sorta like thegreatdane's 87 2.0i-16
http://home.tiscali.dk/uplort/Forum/kagemonster-small.jpg
heres the main difference between them:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/3ec72e0d.jpg
just cut out that top part and modify it 2 the way u want it :)

i wanna swap my front end 2 a 4g seeing i dont hav pop-ups neways, should be easier 4 me :) i must remember 2 take mesurements 1 day

LiTtLe xOx BitT
05-13-2006, 05:40 AM
You should swap the front of a us accord so you can have the pop-ups, lol.

A18A
05-13-2006, 06:27 AM
just needa drive around and look for a 3gee with dead grass undernethe it :)

86carbhater
05-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Ive asked this question before and took the measurements the fenders above the wheelwell on the g4 are a lot longer and the fendes are shorter from front to rear
heres the main difference between them:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/3ec72e0d.jpg
just cut out that top part and modify it 2 the way u want it :)

i wanna swap my front end 2 a 4g seeing i dont hav pop-ups neways, should be easier 4 me :) i must remember 2 take mesurements 1 day

86carbhater
05-14-2006, 07:11 PM
an easier conversion is the 90-93 teg front end i have actually seen it in person the bad thing is if you shave the emblems and swap in a b18 as the one my friend has is you cant tell its a 3g at all so is it worth losing the cars identity i dont know but i'm about to do the front end a leave the emblem to get that huh what is that effect out of people. sorry i cant get pics of it which sucks he moved to washington and we lost touch