PDA

View Full Version : Painting my guage faces...

racer_chic
04-24-2006, 06:07 AM
My boyfriend and I are in the process of fixin up his car. So far we've been pretty daring as far as takin things apart and putting them back. We were tryin to take the gauge faces out so I could (through my computer) make them white. Well, we got all the way down to the gauges easily but after takin half the dash off for fun, it was the stupid gauge needles that got us stuck. We can't get them off. I know that you can just pop them off with pliers or something but I'm not so sure I want to yank on something that fagile and important. Can someone who has ACTUALLY done this before tell me what to do cause unless you've tried it, you have no idea how annoying and frustrating them little things are. thanks

gfrg88
04-24-2006, 07:47 AM
ive heard its not a good idea to taken them off :dunno:

ghettogeddy
04-24-2006, 07:50 AM
no its not its vary uncool to take them off u might s well just use pauls gauges and glue them on or go to procarparts.com and get the revers gauges

2drSE-i
04-24-2006, 09:12 AM
actually i took off my tach needle and it works fine. cudnt get the spedo needle off, and didnt even attempt the other two. not a good idea to take the heat guage off, it will stop working.

BITESIZE
04-24-2006, 10:13 AM
I took all of the needles off and they worked fine when i put them back on.

HostileJava
04-24-2006, 10:54 AM
I took all of the needles off and they worked fine when i put them back on.

You're very luck then. It's hit or miss, you can just pop them off with a pliers, but there is the chance you'll break the needle or the gauge. Your best bet is to download Pauls gauges and alter them to however you like:

http://pauldesign.ru/honda/projects.html

You could also go to the junker and get a set that you don't care about screwing up.

I've found that the best bet is to print them on vinyl and then stick them on to the stock gauges. If you print them on heavy stock or paper they can end up curling/wrinkling from condensation that forms from the car getting cool and hot and they also fade alot easier.

You should consider yourself lucky, if you were a guy you would have already gotten flamed about a million times to just search for the answer. In the future you should use the search function on the site to try to find your answer before posting.

Welcome to the board BTW, is your bf a member?

racer_chic
04-25-2006, 11:31 AM
yeah, i did look but none of the answers were what i was lookin for. i agree with the idea of findin one at a junk yard..in fact i had already thought of that..theres a honda a couple of miles away..but anyway, yeah, my bf is on here..and thanks for the advice..but a bigger thanks for being nice about it. : )

ghettogeddy
04-25-2006, 04:51 PM
well pauls gauges are free and u can change what ever u want on them so u dont have to make one by scratch, what answer are u looking for

paso100
04-25-2006, 05:07 PM
well pauls gauges are free and u can change what ever u want on them so u dont have to make one by scratch, what answer are u looking for

Paul's guages are the way to go!
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/paso100/Hondatachcopy.jpg

ghettogeddy
04-25-2006, 05:20 PM
i like my revese glows
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/DSCF1110.jpg