PDA

View Full Version : are my mounts bad????

gfrg88
04-24-2006, 07:22 AM
for some weird reason on my way to school today my engine mounts i think were squecking (sp)???? also when i would let go of the gas or step on in again the car starts going again really rough, as in it kinda jumps and you just hear like a big clunk sound????:wtf:

Blkblurr
04-24-2006, 08:14 AM
Did lyou look at the engine mounts? Do they look broken? How is the engine positioned in the engine bay? Is it sitting crooked or horizontal. If it's an automatic, put it in gear with the engine running and brake applied and have a friend watch how much the engine moves.

Accordaone
04-24-2006, 10:30 AM
I had a hard time with my 87 Accord auto vibrating while in gear and at stop light.. Replaced all engine mounts. Finally, I topped off the tranny fluid. The vibration decreased about two thirds! I can hardly believe it myself, but seeing is believing. Maybe it won't work for everybody, but it did for me!

MessyHonda
04-24-2006, 12:26 PM
yeah my car has brand new mounts but i just had to adjust the carb since it was running low like 500RPM and it almost died at half the stops...i bumped it to 850rpm and it runs good as long as the engine is warm. sound like you need to check everything connected. does it shake when you are on stops ?

gfrg88
04-24-2006, 02:31 PM
well i havent really checked out the mounts yet, they were perfect yesterday, no weird squeak or anything, this was just today :dunno: