PDA

View Full Version : Adios to Honda accord welcome to my 02 WRX

Pana23
04-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Whats up ppl.... well my Accord recently was pretty much ready to pass away any moment and then to add to that I ran my Accord with close to no oil and I fukd the engine all up... :( my accord had 2 engine leaks at the moment but i thought it only had 1 which was comin out through the top part of the engine. So I fixed it and i check the oil for the next 3 days and it was good, so I stoped checking it thinkin my car no longer had a leak. But then after a few days my car stalled at a stop light and pretty much after that my car's condition kept gettin worse no matter how much more oil i added to it. then the engine starter blew and plus my car had many more other problems and so I decided to buy a newer car. I never focused on just getting a WRX, cuz Iwas up for anything that was a bit sporty, but that was the deal that came up and i could resist on trying to get it.
RIP 89 LX
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3458/89honda3ab.jpg
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5096/89honda23ap.jpg
Sold to the Junkyard :(
http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2357/89honda32qq.jpg
TRansfered my rims to my sisters car
http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/7797/mitsubishilancer20dy.jpg

Pana23
04-25-2006, 08:26 PM
So i got a 2002 Subaru WRX with Greedy pro-fec B Spec II Turbo Booster pushing 17 psi, AEM CAI, Tein lowered suspension, Drilled and slotted disc brakes, fog lamps, tinted windows, ACT racing clutch with a new flywheel and a noisy ass straight pipe exhaust with a electrical flap that closes the straight pipe and uses the stock exhaust which is silent.

I have plans to upgrade my sound but for now it only has 4- three-way pioneer speakers and cd/mp3/radio and my Ipod.
http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/5723/02wrx4zi.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4206/02wrx24hl.jpg
http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/3928/02wrx35ig.jpg
http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/5650/02wrx43zo.jpg
http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/6044/02wrx55et.jpg
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5127/02wrx66og.jpg
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3830/02wrx87be.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9301/02wrx78ht.jpg

carotman
04-25-2006, 08:29 PM
You sold a PERFECT looking 3g to the JUNKYARD?!?!?!?!?

I'm really sorry but this is just DUMB!

You do realise that some pwople were would at least have given you 1.5 grand for the body alone?

gfrg88
04-25-2006, 08:39 PM
:wtf: why'd you sell that to the jy?!?!?! that body was perfect condition!!! i do like that exhaust setup though, thats a pretty neat idea with the little flap for switching between stock exhuast and straight pipe :D

3G Jester
04-25-2006, 08:40 PM
congrats on the buy. maybe you should have tried to sell that gorgeous boddy first...but ya you did ok ;)
ive seen those exhaust routers before..do you feel more power from your turbo with all that backpreasure gone? does it spool faster?

MessyHonda
04-25-2006, 09:02 PM
damn man that body was SUPA clean...i would of traded i have a body with lots of dings but a new engine and trans and other stuff....damn clean 3gs are geting rare since lots of them are going to the crusher.

Gerroni
04-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Nice upgrade. The WRX is a really well rounded car. That was a pretty clean 3g tho, a little dissappointing.

88accordhb
04-25-2006, 10:08 PM
i hope you didn't buy the wrx like that, looks like choppy mods to me.

Pana23
04-26-2006, 01:20 AM
I didnt think some one would want to pay 1.5 grand for a shell!!! aw shitt!!! oh well Ive been so busy lately I didnt think some1 would want to buy it, cuz the engine was makin so much noise it sounded like a bunch of cans clinging against each other.

It made me sad to see my 3gen go away like that I drove it for 4 years and spent some decent money on it too but it had to go it was takin up to much parking space we currently had 5 cars and I kept gettin bitched at by my lot manager to move my accord out of the street cuz i had no space with all the other cars in the parking area, so that also add to my aprubt decision. I hated to see it go like that as much as you do.

About the WRX I can definetly feel the car accelerate faster with the straight pipe open

cubert
04-26-2006, 03:24 AM
real nice car...lets get some pics of AWD burnouts :lol:

whatd you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

Hazwan
04-26-2006, 03:46 AM
sad to see that 3g go. damn the body look perfect!

speedpenguin
04-26-2006, 03:58 AM
Oh well, nice upgrade

AccordEpicenter
04-26-2006, 06:28 PM
man i cant believe you sold that car to the junkyard. that body looked fresh:thumbdn:

3GCVC
04-26-2006, 07:46 PM
how much that run you? bet you could hav stacked the money into the 3g and had better result. u could have probably had some serious power and cool and still had lots of change left over. anyone can BUY a fast car. ud get more cred for BUILDING something quick. but oh well at least it wasnt a toyota :D

AccordB20A
04-26-2006, 08:01 PM
yeah man hes right.

the body looked like it was pretty much immaculate. i liked the blue colour

gfrg88
04-26-2006, 08:49 PM
how much that run you? bet you could hav stacked the money into the 3g and had better result. u could have probably had some serious power and cool and still had lots of change left over. anyone can BUY a fast car. ud get more cred for BUILDING something quick. but oh well at least it wasnt a toyota :D

:huh: theres nothing wrong with toyota, id take a toyota over a wrx.

Vanilla Sky
04-26-2006, 08:51 PM
i seriously would have driven down and towed the car home. i've been looking for a good body, and i couldn't care less about the trimline.

88accordhb
04-26-2006, 08:53 PM
wtf, toyota owns all man, well old school toyota's that is. altho i dont mind a supra.

it's ignorant to talk about toyota's like that, they make fine machinery.

3GCVC
04-26-2006, 09:24 PM
lol we did a test on a toyota once involving putting a brick on the accelerator and waiting. it back fired thru the carb and caught fire. funny but yeah lol theres nothing wrong with old skool toyotas not MUCH wrong with the supra but these iddiots at toyota designing everything CHUBBY the cars are bloddy ugly!!!

AccordB20A
04-26-2006, 09:26 PM
that wood be the toyota i got my rims from:D it burned well.

A18A
04-27-2006, 01:18 AM
u r a bus, at least u didnt sell the wheels 2 them aswell, that woulda sucked. at least you got a car thats in the 2000's, thats a big leap from the 80's

speedpenguin
04-27-2006, 03:38 AM
lol we did a test on a toyota once involving putting a brick on the accelerator and waiting. it back fired thru the carb and caught fire. funny but yeah lol theres nothing wrong with old skool toyotas not MUCH wrong with the supra but these iddiots at toyota designing everything CHUBBY the cars are bloddy ugly!!!
Oh, like all cars aren't chubby now, have you seen the new Civic? It looks like a bubble.

AccordB20A
04-27-2006, 03:52 AM
the only thing we can do is keep buying cars from the 80s. they r the best.

3GCVC
04-27-2006, 04:17 AM
i think theres a bit of a difference there a bubble is ok its not good but CHUBBY noway. i wil stick to the boxes they are way cooler. not to mention less wires and bullshit plastic guards and strange looking canisters mounted on the firewall :)

A18A
04-27-2006, 05:37 AM
i think theres a bit of a difference there a bubble is ok its not good but CHUBBY noway. i wil stick to the boxes they are way cooler. not to mention less wires and bullshit plastic guards and strange looking canisters mounted on the firewall :)
thats EXACTLY how i see it, but for us it would just be nice 2 have a car thats not 10 yrs old yet

Pana23
04-27-2006, 04:17 PM

well it depends on what u want also and how much time you have for that, let me add up here all that i needed to do to get this car from a regular accord to a sportier car that I wanted my accord to be, new engine and installation, lets say id go for a new B-18 200hp vtech with transmission and ecu thats easyly over 5k in www.passwordjdm.com with out including the installation, Id also need to get special motor mounts for the accord to be able to take that engine, then id need to get a turbo kit and install it, 4 wheel disc brake system with drilled slotted brake disc and install, ACT racing clutch, aem CIA,,,,,, how much would it take to make this honda a Awd?? ,, turbo booster, fuel-air mixture chip and gauge, tein suspension with lowering kit, electrical straight pipe router, fuel injection conversion and excuse me if I missed anything and now about the time it would take to do all this, I need a car every day of the week bro.... plus im working like 110-130 per 2 weeks.

including the repairs the car needed like new lights,primer paint, new wheels and interior work.

how much do you think this would all cost ? not very cheap.

I dont think what i did is what you all should do, belive me if i had more time and know how to do most this work myself id do it cuz, I think that 3gen wicked accord has is a awsome car... but all that work seems to difficult.
atleast for me.

I bought this modded wrx for 14,500.oo .

peace

Pana23
04-27-2006, 04:33 PM
I also wanted to say that if I would of had more space for my 3rdgen to sit for a while I would of kept it and bought a cover for it, and kept it until i could of gotten those upgrades and work done to it. Belive me I would of done it, it was my first car and I loved it.

Im even thinking that if Im to make nuff money id buy a 2-door Se-i and build a racing grd-gen. :)

Whistler225
04-27-2006, 04:38 PM

Hell, I love my 3G, but I'd have to say that even this car has alot of "wires and bullshit plastic guards and strange looking canisters" well, not on the firewall, but elsewhere, not to mention the roughly 50 vacuum lines! I have an old 79 Dodge truck sitting out back with a /6, three on the tree. It runs like a top, has no extra crap on the motor or body (remember spark, gas, air?), and is the easiest thing in the world to work on (not that it ever needs it). THAT, in my opinion, is a fine piece of machinery. It will be running long after the NH salt has rendered the body uninspectable. It drove 900 miles from NC to NH to move me and all my junk up here (including a motorcycle in the bed, two 55G fish tanks, and everything else in the biggest trailer you can rent).

If you're looking for simple, reliable (yes I know Hondas are reliable, see the word that prefaced reliable)design, you gotta go back a little further than the mid 80's guys.

All that junk aside, I've always thought those WRX's were pretty cool looking little cars. Keep an eye on your AWD, I've heard they can be problematic on the WRX. Too bad you got rid of such a nice physical specimen of a Honda....as you can see, there would have been quite a bit of interest....Nice car though, congrats!

russiankid
04-27-2006, 05:24 PM
the new 4runner, tacoma,tundra,RAV4(very comfortable, my mom has one), and the new camry look good

AccordB20A
04-27-2006, 07:22 PM
in the end it comes down to patience (working out the shit and sorting threw all the bullshit honda outs on there engines) and money and how much time you have to fix a car if it goes wrong. Im still with the good old boxy mid 80s cars:D
they r fine.

my b20a engine bay has now only for like 3 vaccume lines no canisters or black boxes and also no plastic shoruds/guards that get in your way
:D

gfrg88
04-27-2006, 07:27 PM
the new 4runner, tacoma,tundra,RAV4(very comfortable, my mom has one), and the new camry look good

those are all awesome!!! those new tacomas and 4runners are sooo nice my brother and his wife have them, and man are they awesome :)

Whistler225
04-28-2006, 03:02 AM
in the end it comes down to patience (working out the shit and sorting threw all the bullshit honda outs on there engines) and money and how much time you have to fix a car if it goes wrong. Im still with the good old boxy mid 80s cars:D
they r fine.
my b20a engine bay has now only for like 3 vaccume lines no canisters or black boxes and also no plastic shoruds/guards that get in your way
:D

I'd love to be able to do that. I don't mind working on a car, but it just seems like there's an inappropriate amount of "stuff" on this engine. Guess the first step would be a weber (or Holley) and a manual choke.....

carotman
04-28-2006, 10:25 AM
If you have a carbed Accord, I agree that they have too much vacuum lines. This is the reason I converted to EFI.

russiankid
04-28-2006, 12:23 PM
those are all awesome!!! those new tacomas and 4runners are sooo nice my brother and his wife have them, and man are they awesome :)
yep my mom has the 06 RAV4 and the 4cylinder engine has plenty of power, and its very comfortable

Cheeseburger
04-28-2006, 02:34 PM
i would have bought ur fender and ur hood:hsugh: :rolleyes:

MessyHonda
04-28-2006, 02:44 PM
yeah im looking for a better hood also..cuz mine is all mest up and i dont want to fix it