PDA

View Full Version : SRI help needed

mastaofdisasta
04-26-2006, 05:36 AM
I just ordered a weapon-r dragon short ram intake system, is there anything i need like a heat shield for it so it wont suck up too much hot air,or any other parts, also, can i convert a sri into a cai later on down the road?

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-26-2006, 06:32 AM
There isn't any companies that make a CAI for our cars, so if your going to put one on then you have to fab it up. It might be easier to add on to your short ram to make it. I have a 90-93 integra CAI that im going to put on soon, and other people used ones from 90-93 accords and 94-97 accords, im sure you can use other ones too but you have to modify them to fit.

snoopyloopy
04-26-2006, 06:58 AM
my sri cost $15 from walmart. it's originally for an eg civic, but i cut it and it works fine. i didn't put a heat shield or anything in, so i don't know how much hot air it's getting. but basically anything you want to do for our cars that you can just order the part out of a catalog and bolt onto a civic, you have to custom make or have special ordered. so keep that in mind.

gfrg88
04-26-2006, 07:12 AM
90-93 integra intake fits perfectly. you just have to move the battery over ~2-3"

mastaofdisasta
04-26-2006, 08:57 AM
how much will the sri i got help my performance, i know it prolly wont be noticeable but its nice to have an idea, and can i just use metal tubing from pep boys if i wantes to make it into a cai, which im kinda skeptical about cuz i dont want to have to worry about water and bypass valves, etc

gfrg88
04-26-2006, 09:15 AM
with sri i think its you cant really feel, but you can hear it though :) and that metal tubing should work just as lond as it isnt heavy.

EricW
04-26-2006, 09:15 AM
You will notice a little bit of a difference along with a different sound.

snoopyloopy
04-26-2006, 09:37 AM
yeah, slight difference. i don't think anyone has actually taken the time/money to actually dyno any intakes, though. and you can use metal piping, but if it's not aluminum, it might be kinda heavy. and a full cai can be had for $40 shipped from ebay.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-26-2006, 10:32 AM
The short ram helps a good amount because you get rid of the restrictive stock air box. I just got done my CAI, it wasnt too much work it took about an hour to fab up, and it only too 2 cuts. Not bad for $45 shipped.

A20A1
04-27-2006, 07:10 PM
You can't heat shield the short ram, unless you build a big box around it and somehow snorkle the air from the fender to the box.
Most of the heat shields sold with or built onto the filter are a waste of money, they block air and still let in the same hot engine bay air, so avoid those types of SR.

you can still get a CAI without a bypass... just run the pipe/filter to where the battery is... section off the entire corner to block all engine bay air from getting to the filter... the filter will use the cold air blowing past the headlight and from the hole under the battery.

gfrg88
04-27-2006, 07:49 PM
you can do what a20a1 said and run some sort of duct/pipe from the bumper to the filter, i think that should work just the same as CAI